someone from the past

Start from the beginning

i look away and bite my lower lip as i think. should i just have my car fixed on other shop? pero ito lang kasi ang pinakamalapit sa clinic ko.

i let out a sigh before nodding.
"okay. dadaanan ko first thing in the morning." tumango siya. i glance at my wrist watch before returning my gaze on her.

"where should i place my car then?"

—————

i reached the 2nd floor and immediately heard doyeon's loud voice yelling my name. "jennie here!"

the music's volume is high pero naririnig pa rin boses niya dahil sa lakas nito. they're on our usual seats sa vip section.

"babe i miss you." doyeon stood and greeted me with a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"hi." i greeted them all. rosé blow me a kiss while soojin and irene just wave with a smile.

"already ordered your usual, jen." rosie told me once i sat next to her. i smiled gratefully at her and accepted the glass she's handing me. "thanks rosie."

"okay now that we're complete, i'm gonna tell you about this guy i met..." doyeon started so i leaned my back on the couch to make myself comfortable.

after doyeon shared about the new guy she's seeing, we talked about other things. i sip on my martini while listening to irene rant about a certain client that pissed her off.

"oh god ako rin. speaking of annoying client, diba i usually open my shop at 9 am? and it's my scheduled teeth cleaning kay jennie and miss ma'am here is a bit late so we started late rin so obviously i was late rin sa pag open and this customer greeted me with an impatient look and complaints about waiting for so long." soojin ended her kwento with a roll of her eyes.

she then turned her gaze at me prompting me to explain the reason why i was late. i heave out a sigh and place my glass on the table.

"sorry. jeno borrowed my car kasi last night and brought it back with scratches so i had to dropped it at a garage shop..." i trailed off when i was reminded of the person i encountered earlier. should i tell them?

"and?" rosie urged kaya tiningnan ko siya.
"i feel like there's more to your story." dagdag niya kaya i have no choice but to blurt it out.

"you won't believe who i bumped into."

"your psycho ex?"
"one of the guys you ghosted?"
"naka one night stand mo?"

i rolled my eyes at their guesses.
"walang tama. here's a hint: highschool, tall, cute dancer."

it was doyeon who got it immediately. her eyes widen like saucers.

"oh my god! sino na nga 'yun?!!"
i guess i'm wrong then. soojin followed next.

"wait don't tell me lisa?" doyeon smack soojin's arm repeatedly. "yeah her!"

"wait wait wait. you mean lisa manoban? jennie's ultimate crush before?"

"the girl jennie went crazy over with?"

"the girl jennie chased like a fool back in highschool?"

"wow thanks a lot for the reminder guys." i smiled at them, full of sarcasm. they all laugh at my sour reaction.

"sorry jen but you can't deny that was such a fun memory." doyeon said with a full laugh. umirap ako.

well we were in highschool. i was young, naive and infatuated. just like they said. i chased lisa like a fool but she rejected me multiple times than i can remember.