Maybe it'll be better if I leave.

Maybe distance can bring me relief from the almost embarrassing level of neediness I feel around him.

Maybe then, everything will go back to the way it was before.

I swallow back the lump in my throat.

I don't want everything to go back to the way it was.

"Jimin?" Molly calls to me from the other room.

"Be right out!" I finish drying my hands on a nearby towel.

My thoughts are still a jumbled mess but unscrambling them will have to wait for later. For now, I've got to put on a smile and pretend everything is fine.

In the mirror, I try on a few different smiles before settling on one I think looks natural.

Nodding to myself, I steel my resolve and leave the bathroom.

"Oh good. You're all cleaned up," Molly says as soon as she sees me, She's standing near the open bedroom door with her hands folded calmly in front of her.

"Mr. Jeon has returned."

"He'd like to see you in the downstairs lounge before the reporter arrives."

"Right...I'll be right there." I cast my eyes around the room, as if looking for something I might have forgotten.

Really, I'm just trying to stall, even if for only a few seconds.

"Jimin?" Molly quietly asks.

"What's the matter, sweetie?"

My relationship with Molly has grown very strong in a very short time.

She's taken on a maternal role in my life and I'm extremely grateful for her.

At first, I thought that she was just doing the job Jungkook had asked her to do but it quickly became obvious she was looking out for me in a way that a mother or grandmother might.

Yet another reason why I would hate to return to Omega House.

I've found something here, in my relationship with Molly, that I've never experienced first hand before.

I don't think I'll survive losing that.

The more I think about it, the more complicated this whole thing gets.

"Nothing." I lie.

"Nothing's wrong, I'm just a little nervous about this interview, that's all. I've never done anything like it before."

Molly's expression softens and she smiles at me warmly. "You'll do just fine sweetie, Mr Jeon will be right there with you."

"There's nothing at all to fear."

"Y-yes, you're right." The words feel stiff in my mouth but it's the only sentence I can manage at the moment, Everything else is lost in the tangled web of thoughts piling up in my head.

I follow Molly downstairs to the first floor.

The lounge is located just off the main entry and features a massive window overlooking the front yard and the driveway.

Once I was well enough to start walking around the house without being overcome with pain, I started spending my afternoons in that room.

It's the perfect spot to wait and watch for Jungkook's return.

Now, he's the one waiting in there for me.

I'd like nothing more than to run in there, throw my arms around his neck and kiss him hello.