9

JIMIN POV

Looking at my reflection in the bathroom mirror reminds me how close I am to crying.

My eyes are red rimmed from trying to be strong but so far I've managed to keep my emotions under control.

There's no reason for me to be upset right now.

It's not like Jungkook ever gave me any indication he was interested in me romantically.

But still...there was hope.

Taking a deep breath, I look down at the water running out of the faucet and down the drain.

My hands are muddy and there's dirt under my nails.

I've been outside in the garden all afternoon, It was nice to get out and do something productive for a change.

Soaking up sunshine and being active had me in a good mood.

I'd been joking with Kai, the gardener when I got the phone call.

After that, everything felt like it was falling apart.

I turn off the water and dry my hands, looking at my reflection again.

The fairy tale is over.

These past few weeks have been like something out of a dream.

A humble peasant, locked away in a castle, slowly falling in love with the knight in shining armor who comes to visit him. I've always fallen too hard, too fast.

But it's been two weeks of spending time with him and everyday only makes me more certain that what I'm feeling is real. I'm falling in love him.

And I hoped he was falling for me too.

After a moment to compose myself, I touch the bandage obscuring the scars on my cheek.

These wounds are still healing and judging by what the doctor said the last time he came to see me, it'll probably take a few months before I get all the stitches out.

Of course, in my mind I thought that meant I'd be able to stay with Jungkook a little longer.

Now that my arms and ribs are well on their way to mending and the pain has subsided to a manageable level without pain-killers, I'm worried he will ask me to move back to Omega House and with these reporters sniffing around, looking to damage his reputation, I'm almost certain he's going to ask me to leave tonight.

The thought stabs me through the heart and I wince in pain as I clutch my hand to my chest.

I don't want to leave. Even if he never returns my feelings, I want to be as close to Jungkook as possible for as long as possible.

That realization makes me shudder.

In reality, I'm not sure I really could be satisfied living as friends forever.

I'm already in agony every time we're near one another.

It takes everything in me to keep my body from reacting and giving me away.

At night, I'm tortured by dreams of his body and memories of how his arms felt wrapped around me when he caught me on the stairs.

I catch myself watching his lips when he talks, trying to imagine what they taste like.

More than once, I've slipped down the hallway, strolling past his bedroom with the intention of catching a glimpse of him in his underwear, I always chicken out at the last second but the desire is there and it's overwhelming.