Chapter Eleven ۞ Reprimanded

ابدأ من البداية

"That's not true." Tamara countered. "I knew full well what we were doing. We wanted it."

A chorus of agreements came in. Valeriana voiced out a yes along with everyone else, although she was not really quite . . . informed they were going against the rules. Well, all for one and one for all. She did not exactly regret anything they did. To be quite frank, she even enjoyed it.

The headmaster seemed to be in deep thought. "It's no use covering up for one another." He told them. "Out of all the batches of rankers, you lot are the wildest."

They smiled at this.

"And I do not find it amusing." He quickly stated, giving each and everyone a glare which instantly wiped the grin off their faces.

"Headmaster," Rowe started calmly. "Now that our offences have been made clear, what sort of punishment do you wish for us to endure?"

"The punishment?" He smiled, the suddenness of which instilling anxiety into the Twelve. "How about this? You all know that the Summer Festival is coming."

Groans erupted followed by mutters of complains.

"And I want you all to organize the--"

"No way!"

"Not happening! Not happening!"

"I'm not finished!" Kylon bellowed. "The academy this time will be responsible for hosting an open-house festivity that will also stand in for . . . recruiting new students. Since you guys are currently the best example of what being a student in the academy can make you into, I want you to spearhead the entire occasion and try to encourage people into joining our community."

"But, headmaster." Zevlin began.

Genevieve continued for him. "The academy is already experiencing overcrowdedness. People wait for at least three years to get a chance to enter and now we're recruiting? Isn't that unnecessary?"

"Oh?" He cocked his head to the side, showing his confusion. "So you weren't informed?"

"Informed of what?" They chorused.

"Celeste Academy will be opening five new branches, one in each continent."

"WHAT?!"

"REALLY?!"

"These branches will be responsible for screening the freshmen." Kylon explained. "Offering two years that will help determine whether they've got what it takes to push further. If they graduate and finish those two years from their branch schools, they will be given the opportunity to pursue their training here, in the main campus." He gave them a few moments to take in what he said before continuing. "It will also improve the accessibility and find potential talents. Don't you agree?"

While everyone had seemingly sunk into a sea of thoughts, a new visitor came by to join in the crowd.

"Seraphina." Kylon's smile turned winsome and even more brilliant as his pink eyes landed on the lady knight. "I was just telling them about the new branches."

"Not to mention he was scarier than a demon a while ago." Somebody murmured.

"Wonderful." She replied, going further into the room while closing the door behind her. "I came by to say hello since I heard you all came back."

A harmony of greetings mainly of 'good morning' and 'welcome' was sounded in reply to the woman. Valeriana, however, seemed dazed at the sight of her.

"Valeriana." She started. "How was your trip?"

"Lady Seraphina!" Came her enthusiastic exclamation. Her legs immediately shot forward, carrying her along as she dove in for a hug. However, she avoided fully closing in to prevent her unwantedly tapping into things.

"I missed you too. Has something happened on your trip? And why are you wearing gloves?"

They broke away.

"Let us just word it this way . . ." Raziel spoke slowly. "Valeriana is not exactly the Valeriana she was before she left."

"What exactly happened?" Seraphina queried, taking her seat on a lone, vacant chair offered to her by Charles. "Thank you."

"I think this will last quite a while. This story isn't quite brief." The fourth commented. "We haven't had breakfast yet and we'll be late for class."

"Classes are suspended to start at ten. Shortened periods are implented for this week to allow necessary preparations to be done for the Summer Festival."

"Awesome!"

"And we'll have time to help adjust Valeriana's schedule, especially to settle her issues regarding power control."

"Why do you need to?"

"Because, to start it all, we just discovered Valeriana's actually a Direct Controller."

To say one could not paint the expressions on their faces was a total understatement.