Chapter 3 - Priorities

𓃵"It does not take a great supernatural heroine or magical hero to save the world

𓃵
"It does not take a great supernatural heroine or magical hero to save the world. We all save it every day, and we all destroy it - in our own small ways."
~ Vera Nazarian
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✟⃛ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Crowley was not concerned when the sign on Aziraphale's book shop was turned to 'Closed'. He knew the angel would use any excuse he could to not sell his books, which often led to him closing the shop for the smallest inconveniences. Crowley simply waved his hand and the familiar clicking sound of an unlocking door was heard.

He was, however, concerned about the sound of shouting and crashing objects. Crowley called out for his friend as he sped towards the noise in the back of the bookshop. He should have been surprised at what he discovered, but deep down he was expecting it. There stood Aziraphale (thankfully unharmed, he noted), with his hands out in front of him attempting to show he meant no harm. Across from him and tucked into the corner as much as she could, was the girl from yesterday. Her black demonic wings were wrapped around herself, covering her entire body except her head. Several books and other items were scattered around her, fallen from their shelves. She reminded Crowley of a wounded animal with the defensive glare she wore. He remembered seeing in a documentary once that such animals were more likely to lash out.

"Aziraphale," was all he said. That was all that was needed. Aziraphale turned to face Crowley, making it easier to see the worry that was deeply set in the angel's face. He opened his mouth, likely to defend himself, but Crowley beat him to it. "We have more important things to worry about than this," he hissed, nodding his head towards the girl. Aziraphale's frown only deepened. Brown eyes cautiously watched the two men from the corner of the room.

"You don't understand Crowley, there's clearly been a mistake."

"We don't have time for this, Angel! Have you forgotten that the end of the world is at stake?"

"The end of the world?" a quiet voice chimed in. Both men turned to look at the cause of the disruption. Her shocked and slightly worried expression matched her soft tone. For a moment she looked nothing but innocent, but Crowley wasn't going to fall for that.

"It's nothing for you to worry about dear. Just stay here while I speak to Crowley for a moment," Aziraphale reassured, already ushering the adults out of the back room they were crowded in. He gently shut the door behind him before turning to face the annoyed red head, feeling some semblance of annoyance himself.

"I thought we were going to discuss this tomorrow," Aziraphale asked, seemingly eager to get back to the young demon in the other room.

"Things have changed," Crowley snapped, but Aziraphale could hear the anxiousness in his voice. "The hellhound has found it's master."