Chapter 14

I was over there by 7pm sharp. The parents left a few minutes later and Rosalie was already dressed for bed.

We spent a while at the table, Ro insisting that we color the pages of her coloring book. It was Disney themed and of course she chose the one with Rapunzel.

I colored her hair while Ro, with a surprisingly steady hand, neatly filled in her dress. The finished product looked pretty good and shortly after, Ro had built up a small appetite.

"Dino nuggies!" she piped up and ran over to the fridge.

I know Lily said no more food, but dino nuggets are dino nuggets. "You don't tell your mom about this, ok Ro?"

I pull the bag out and throw a few on a tray.

"I promise. Thank you Emmy!" she smiled.

While they were in the oven we went back to coloring. Another page later and the nuggets were ready. I put some on her plate and a few on mine.

We colored another page as we ate and after washing our hands, I had her go upstairs to brush her teeth.

I cleaned up the plates in the meantime. Checking my phone the time was a quarter past eight. I placed the dishes in the dishwasher as Ro came scrambling downstairs.

"Can we watch a movie!" she offered.

"Which one?" I asked, already knowing what she was going to choose.

"Tangled!" she gave me another grin.

"You always pick that movie." I shake my head with a laugh.

"I like it, I like it!" she says. "Plus Flynn is cute."

I laugh and walk with her into the living room. Turning the TV on I hear the front door open. I peek my head around the wall to see who it could possibly be.

"Jackson?" I ask, quite confused at the moment. "What're you doing here?"

His head snaps to mine, like he wasn't expecting me to be here. "I live here Em."

"I know that," I roll my eyes. "but your mom said you wouldn't be home until late." I mention.

He kicks off his shoes and walks into the room. "Change of plans." He gave a smirk and sat down.

I looked at him then back to Ro. "Well then I guess I can go."

"No!" Ro whined. "We have to watch Tangled!"

"I'm sure Jackson would love to watch Tangled with you." I mention, knowing damn well he doesn't want to sit here for an hour watching a Disney movie.

"Emery." he said my name in a somewhat annoyed tone.

"What?" I asked, hiding a laugh.

"But I want to watch it with both of you!" Ro whined again before Jackson could respond.

"See Em, she wants to watch it with both of us." he repeats Rosalie's words in a taunting manner.

I bite down on my inner cheek knowing that he wasn't about to suffer alone.

"Please." Ro gave me her sad eyes and I couldn't refuse.

"Fine." I gave her a smile.

"Yay!" she celebrated as I navigated to the movie. "Don't start it yet, I need to go to the bathroom!" she smiled before taking off around the corner.

I sit back and rest my elbow on the side of the couch. Looks like I have to spend the next hour with my least favorite person and vice versa. Being out in the sun all day exhausted me, my eyes were starting to get heavy and it was only eight at night.