The Markers Are All Dried Up, What Now?

Over the next hour, I got settled into my room. The stupid fucking high feeling still hadn't left, but at least I was able to somewhat enjoy it. After I got done getting my shit situated, I laid on my bed and stared at the ceiling for probably 15 minutes. Only reason I didn't pass the fuck out was because my phone vibrated, scaring the hell out of me. I looked at the screen and saw Ruby calling, so I sat up and answered.

     "Yeah?" I said, a bit more rude than I meant.

     "Yo, you ain't naked or nothin', right? I can come over?" Very strange, but he got points for being respectful and asking before knocking on my door as I'm naked and giving me a heart attack. Not like that's happened before, nope. Not at all.

     "Uh, you're... good. You don't have to come over if you don't want, I answered the phone so you know I'm not dead."

     "Oh, I see. I thought we was cool, but I guess you don' wanna spend no time wit' me. I get it, nah, I get it."

     I stayed silent for a minute. What? "Bro just get over here, damn. Fuck you being dramatic for?"

     "Aight, if you insist," he laughed. Why was he being such a smartass? Probably to confuse me or something, since I was still high. But that's mean. What a meanie.

     "Whatever, see you in a minute," I said, and hung up. The fact that he wanted to spend time with me even though he knew I was okay did give me that fluttery-heart, tingly hands feeling. So I wasn't that mad at him for being a little bit of a smartass today.

     Barely one minute passed and then I heard a knock at my door. Forcing my legs to move, I got up and opened the door for my mullet-wearing friend. He beamed down at me and threw a little bag of Flamin' Hot Limon Doritos at me. My absolute favorite chip of all time, I smiled all crazy and admired the lime green packaging. Definitely still high to be this fuckin' excited over food, I thought, and looked up at Ruby as he closed the door behind him.

     "That make up for everything I put ya through this week?" he asked, making himself right at home and collapsing onto my bed. "Also, the guys wanna go out for dinner tonight. Real touristy place, though. You down?"

     "Yeah, sure. To both, as long as you take your shoes off before you get the BED ALL DIRTY," I tossed the bag of chips onto the nightstand and moved closer to the bed, nearly jumping on it. Ruby sat up and put his hands up, as if he were about to get shot, and kicked off his Nikes.

     "Damn, didn't know you was a lil' mom," he laughed. I shook my head and laid on the bed next to him, in the classic 'french girls' pose.

     "You know damn fucking well I am not and never will be no fucking mom," I raised my brows and Ruby scrunched his nose at me, keeping his cute little smile on his face.

     We stared at each other for one, two, three... too many seconds lingering in each other's gaze. Maybe it was me, and my seemingly never-ending high taking its dear, sweet time fizzling out of all 93 pounds of me. But maybe, I thought for a second, it was him as well holding my view hostage.

     "Did you eat one of those dumbass edibles, too?" I sighed, looking now at his lips. Ruby let out a small chuckle before moving just the tiniest bit closer.

     "Couldn't help myself," he replied. Of course he couldn't help himself, the man was probably made of weed at this point. I relaxed my arm, falling onto my back as I lost my elbow's support.

     "Not surprised."

     "I shoulda hid them things from you if I knew yo' lil' gluttonous ass woulda been left alone in the bus."