Emotions only make us stronger

Tw: concussion (with all the symptoms, throwing up, things like that) :)

"Y/n? come on kid wake up"
Natasha watches the 17 year old girl laying unconscious in front of her.
"Y/n?"
She grabs a water bottle that is in her back and pours a bit over your face.
After getting no response she decides to hide out for you to come around.
She gently picks you up noticing the gush on the back of your head having blood dripping from it.
She gets you both safely in the underground hiding spot you've been living at for the passed few days for your mission.
She slowly lays you down. She puts pressure on your wound.

// 7 hours later

Slowly your eyes begin to open
"I was afraid you weren't going to wake up"
You don't respond to her. You can't understand what she is saying being distracted by the loud ringing noise in your ears.
"Y/n?"
She looks in your eyes getting nothing back
"Can you tell me where we are"
Getting no response she gets worried. you start to choke. Natasha panics and rolls you on your side seeing Bruce have done it in moments like this before.
You start throwing up blood. She holds a cloth next to your face wiping the blood of your face.
She notices you have gone unconscious again. Right then her phone starts ringing

"Romanoff what is going on? Status say you are completely of radar." She hears furry say
"we need to cancel the mission, y/n is hurt badly. She needs help"
"The soonest we can get a plane to your location is in 4 days counting this one."
"No, she won't make it. I don't think you understand furry, she needs help now"
"There is nothing else I can do nat. I'm sorry"
"But-"
Beeping noise is heard
"Furry? Are you there"
She sighs. She turns around seeing your pale expression.

You groan and move your face a little.
"Y/n?" She says in a very soft voice
"N-n" you stutter out without opening your eyes
"Hey, open your eyes"
You slowly open your eyes locking eyes with Natasha.
She smiles with relieve
"Hey do you remember me?" She asks
You look at her, not saying a word
Her smile fades sadly.
She gets a cloth and puts water on it cleaning the dirt and sweat of your face.

"Nat" you whisper weakly. She stops cleaning your face to look at you
"Yeah that's right. It's me. It's nat"
She smiles at you.
"What- h-"
"I'm not sure. I just found you unconscious. I think you hit your head pretty bad. How are you feeling?"
"I feel- l- I-" your eyes begin to fall again
"Hey, hey stay with me"
She try's to keep you awake with no succes.
She sighs and calls furry.

"Agent Romanoff"
"Furry I really need help. She's like- really concussed. She needs someone professional to take a look at her"
"I've already told you Natasha, the best I can do is send that plane, it's already on its way with agent banner on it"
"She's in so much pain, she can't wait for this long"
"I'm sorry nat"
"I know. B-but she's just a kid"
"We know- I know"

//

Natasha wakes up in the middle of the night to you throwing up.
She gets to you and holds your hair
"Hey it's okay, come here it's okay" you cry out in pain. She holds you
"Shhh shhhh I've got you"
You let yourself fall into her arms completely melting into her.
"It h-hurts" you mumble while crying weakly.
"I know y/n. I'm sorry I wish I could help"
As she looks at you she goes to wipe of the sweat of your forehead when her eyes widen.

"You have a fever- I- g-god. Your burning" she mumbles
"It's o-okay nat. I can take it" you tell her.
She slowly lays you down. She wipes your head with a cold cloth.
"No baby, we've got to take that temperature down okay? I'm going to remove some layers of clothing is that okay?"
"Yeah" you whisper.
She slowly lifts you up trying not to move your head to much. She takes of your sweater and shirt leaving you just in a tank top.
She wets your body with the cold cloth making you shiver. She looks at you worried
"Are you cold?" She asks you
"I-it's freezing" you stutter.
"Well come here then" she opens her arms and slowly lift you in her arms.
"Is that better?"
"I don't feel good nat. It hurts" you tell her
"I know honey. I know. Just- try to get some sleep okay? We only have 3 days left okay? Then they'll come and help us"
Before you can respond you have already fallen asleep.

//

"Come on y/n. You have to eat. Please"
"C-can't"
"Honey you have thrown up 2 times already. There is nothing left in your system. You have to"
You look at her in pain with tears in your eyes
"P-pl-ease. Make i-it stop" you whisper with tears rolling down your face.
"Y/n you can't give up now okay?"
"H-ho-w long?"
"Two days"
You slowly shake your head.
It's silent for a minute
"No, you don't have a choice" she says
She grabs a liquid food bottle out of her back and holds up your head
You try getting away from her grip but being weak and lightheaded you fail. She opens your mouth forcing you to let the liquid in your body.
After the whole body is empty she slowly lays you down again. She looks at you crying
"I'm sorry" she whispers as you slowly fall asleep again.

//

"It's okay baby, let it all out. It's alright." She rubs your back as you continue throwing up like you have been doing the passed few days.
You started to have trouble breathing witch Natasha notices
You look at Natasha in fear
She strokes your sweaty head that now has a higher fever than before

"Look at me y/n. I know you want to give up okay? But now is not the time for that. I need you to hang on, just for one night. Tomorrow they'll give you all the painkillers they can give you and you won't feel any pain okay? P-please do it for me"
"I'm t-ired"
"I know baby. Do you want to try and eat something?"
"N-no" you whisper.
"Is there anything I can do for you?"
"H-hold me?"
She smiles at you sadly knowing that you're not going to hold on for long enough.
"Yeah of course" she lifts you into her arms.
"I love you sweetheart. So much"
"I love you nat."
You cry a little and see Natasha do the same
"Nat?"
"Yeah baby. I'm here"
"M-my mom- s-she died when I-I was 2. I never knew her- I-I never knew- how- mothers should be- b-but I -I think they- would be l-like you-"
"Y/n. You're like the daughter I never had. And I'm sorry I've been so cold towards you. You just made me vulnerable. I'm sorry."
"E-emotions o-nly make u-us stronger. R-remember that for m-me o-okay?"
"I will, I always will I promise baby."

//

Natasha wakes up to loud banging on the ceiling. She slowly lays you down and gets up to open the door.
She is relieved seeing Bruce standing there with a backpack full of medical stuff.
Nat turns around and crouches down beside you.
"Y/n wake up, you did it"
"Y/n? Bruce is here"
"Y-y/n? P-please"
It's silent. Natasha cry's.

"N-nat?" You whisper. She looks up and locks eyes with you. She smiles.
"Hey baby, they're here. You did it baby."
You smile at her as Bruce puts an oxygen mask on your face. She lifts you up
"We need to get her trough med bay right now" he says.

//

You slowly begin to wake up. Natasha is sitting next to you with Bruce.
"Goodmorning sleeping beauty" Bruce says
"What?"
"You've been asleep for about 2 days"
"Great" you mumble
You see Natasha asleep.
"Nat- nat?" You gently shake her. She looks at you
"You're awake" you say smiling
"I'm awake? You mean, you're awake" she says holding your hand
"Sure"
"Y/n, you shouldn't have made it"
Bruce says
"Oh wel thanks. That's great to hear."
You chuckle
"No-" he chuckles too
"I mean, medically you shouldn't have made it. The concussion that you're suffering would have been fatal in 99% of the cases. Especially without any medical professional around you it was very unlikely you would get out of it alive"
"Hey I was pretty good at taking care of her wasn't I y/n?"
"Except for forcing food down my throat, sure" you chuckle
"That together with trying her best to keep your fever down, saved your life y/n"
"I guess it did" you say smiling at nat.
"Your on bed rest for the next 2 weeks, and you are not aloud to wear anything long sleeved because of your still dangerous high fever. But I think the worst part is over. I've put some high pain killers in your IV and there is a feeding tube along with a oxygen tube inside your nose right now. Just make sure to leave
Everything where it is okay?"
You nod tiredly
"Nat, I need someone to monitor her for the next few weeks."
"I'll do it"
"It's important you don't leave her alone. Not even for a second okay?"
"Guess you will be stuck with me for even longer. Congratulations."
You say getting more and more tired by the second
She strokes your head
"Stop acting tough y/n. Get some sleep"
"Yep. I love you nat"
She smiles at you
"I love you y/n"