9

I like you.

     That was what he wanted to tell Sasuke last night. But he did not want to be rejected for his own father. Better to pretend than face the truth.

     Still, why did Sasuke do that in the first place?

     Boruto had many unanswered questions but could only keep them to himself. He couldn't place a word on what they had. It wasn't nothing, they both knew, but it wasn't something either. Nevertheless, he didn't hate it.

     Before I woke up, he placed a palm on his own cheek where the feeling still lingered, he-

     "Boruto, watch your step."

     ...he definitely kissed me.

     And now they were back to normal... none of them spoke a word about what had happened.

     The boy merely nodded and followed his master through the ruins of an old stone building, stepping over rubble and overgrowth which seeped in through the old cracks in the floor. He stared at his back, suddenly thinking of how tall he'd grown, he can now see the top of his teacher's head! "Heheh," Boruto unintentionally laughed out loud.

     His teacher didn't turn back but still replied, "what are you laughing at?"

     "I'm taller than you now, you know."

     He rolled his eye and then felt a weight on top of his head. Boruto had placed his hand on it, patronisingly.

     "How does it feel to be smaller than your student?" He teased, chuckling.

     "Stop messing around, Boruto." Sasuke sighed and pushed his hand away and continued searching the area, leaving Boruto behind.

     "Here," Sasuke stopped in front of a wooden trapdoor on the ground, "it was opened recently. Must've been Team 10."

     "Let's go in!"

    "Hold on. It could be dangerous." Sasuke summoned a shadow clone and pulled the trapdoor open. The clone hopped in whilst they waited at the entrance for confirmation.

     After a few minutes, Sasuke's clone was disabled, returning the newly gained intel to him. "It seems to be okay. Though, there is a heavily sealed wall."

     "So we can go in now?"

     Sasuke nodded and beckoned for the boy to follow. As soon as they climbed through, an oddly icy chill wrapped around them. The unlit stone-bricked passage went for a few hundred yards before it lead to a room. It did indeed have a sealed door. There were several blue markings on the door's wall and an ironically small tag in the centre.

     "This must be a seal unique to Yugakure," he concluded, running his hand across the writing. "I've never seen anything like this before."

     Having no knowledge or experience with these things, Boruto just naively looked around. "So do you know how to deactivate it?"

     "No. We should ask around the village."

     "Sure, sure. It's too cold here!" He shivered.

     "Any luck?"

     "Nope," Boruto admitted. "You?"

     "Not really. But I have found something - or rather, someone."

     It was almost midnight when they were walking along an isolated path on the moonlit moors, towards their inn. They'd been investigating and asking around the village for any leads on the door seal but were unable to find anything of significance.