ᴛᴡᴏ ⇻ ʟᴀᴋᴇ ᴋɪᴠᴜ

THE DOCTOR HAD removed W'Kanne's bandage and treated the wound on his arm

THE DOCTOR HAD removed W'Kanne's bandage and treated the wound on his arm. After applying their state-of-the-art medicinal substances, the man started re-wrapping his arm.

"That looks nice." The doctor suddenly remarked, gesturing to the small tattoo on his right wrist.

" The doctor suddenly remarked, gesturing to the small tattoo on his right wrist

"Oh...uh, thank you." He replied.

The doctor finished applying the bandage and went to throw away his gloves.

"You get that recently?" He asked.

"I've actually had it since I was little." W'Kanne answered as he glanced at Okoye, who stood by in the room.

The doctor looked at the General, who simply glanced back before looking back at her son.

The boy continued. "My baba said it meant something to his baba, but he hasn't really told me what." He looked at the markings again and chuckled. "It looks like waves. And I do like the water. So maybe grandpa liked it too."

"People have differing assumptions on symbolism. But I'm sure your father will find a day to explain it to you." The doctor replied, then turned to Okoye. "Everything's good, General. That gash should heal up in a couple of days."

Okoye nodded. The doctor excused himself and left them in the room. With hands behind her back, the Dora Milaje warrior looked at the boy.

"Care to explain to me what caused that wound?" She said.

A boy his age from the outside world would have likely told their mother off and preferred to ignore it, but he wasn't going to brush it off. Okoye definitely wouldn't have just let it go either.

He rubbed the back of his neck. "That hiccup Emanu mentioned. I confronted these people that were a part of a criminal organization in the city. I was following them."

"And they found you."

"Yes. But I handled them despite the minor injury. I even deflected one of their bullets!"

"Really?" She replied with an arched brow.

"I definitely did."

"I'll believe it when I see it."