#8 Sukuna

Itadori left early in the morning to follow Nanami on another mission, still about the deaths in the theater and now also about Mahito, a curse that attacked the Sorcerer the day prior

And he's alone.

Y/N didn't walk out of her room and he didn't have the guts to call her either. Yuji can't even think about how he will talk to her again.

Yet when it seemed that the day couldn't get any worst, Yuji found Junpei's mother dead in their house and the boy missing. After a desperate run to his school, Yuji arrived just in time to stop him from killing a student. He moved into the scene against Nanami and Ijichi's orders, leading to him being alone to deal with everything.

Yuji tried hard to reach Junpei's heart with his fists and words, giving his everything to win him out of this insane rampage. However, no reasoning seems to convince the mourning boy. Junpei is blinded by the pain, not wanting to believe that a human with a heart just cursed him and his lovely mother.

Out of nowhere, a new presence made itself known to the two boys fighting. Yuji tensed up at the sight of the blue-haired man, but Junpei just seems oddly familiar with him. This moment of hesitation was enough to Mahito pin Itadori against a wall and do something that the young sorcerer wasn't ready to see.

"You're as foolish as those you look down upon and that's why you'll die now." the curse chuckled and laid his hand on Junpei's back.

Using his technique of Idle Transfiguration, Mahito mutates the young boy into a curse before his eyes. Yuji panicked seeing his friend's fate.

"SUKUNA! DO SOMETHING! IF I DIE, YOU'LL DIE TOO!"

"Huh? So what? I still have other fingers around there. Didn't you tell me to leave you alone? You're alone now!"

"NO, SAVE HIM! I'LL DO ANYTHING YOU WANT!"

But his cries were ignored completely, being covered by the curses laughing at his face. Gladly enjoying his despair. Yuji felt helpless at that moment.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the town.

Y/N is quietly sipping on her hot chocolate. The neighborhood is silent, with only some distant sounds of the city. It feels like her old days before Sendai. Alone, empty, and quiet.

"Maybe we should move to another city? Or another country? We can go to a place where a civil war is happening again..." she murmured.

"Will you leave Itadori alone?" Hel asked her.

"I don't want to be near if he's uncomfortable with my presence. I rather come back to my old life than be despised by him."

"I won't lose hope if I were you."

"I don't have hope of nothing, Hel."

Suddenly, Y/N felt a strong call overwhelming her senses, and immediately she was in her Goddess form, stopping a curse of hitting fatally Nanami.