#4 Promise

The next day, after that unexpected late talk, Yuji woke up all flushed and embarrassed thinking that he just had a spicy dream with his friend

The next day, after that unexpected late talk, Yuji woke up all flushed and embarrassed thinking that he just had a spicy dream with his friend. So much so that he barely could look into her eyes when they met with Megumi to go catch another student. However, his eyes surely are capable of admiring how great she's looking in her new uniform. He doesn't know if he curses or thanks Gojo for his choice.

On the other side, Y/N is pondering if she should be told to Yuji about her true nature now that her cover is compromised. Never before had she mentioned the lab or Hel to anyone. Since she is alone from birth. Maybe it's time for her to open up. Yuji is her friend so maybe she can trust him on this.

"Fukumoto, are you good?" Megumi eyed the girl that didn't say a word all morning.

"Oh, Megumi! Y/N is just like that, always quiet. Don't worry about her." Yuji responded for her, eyeing the girl that seems lost in thoughts, not even hearing them.

"How long have you guys been friends?"

"A couple of months, since school started."

"And you are this close already? Hm..." Megumi eyed him sideways.

"So what? We know each for some days and we're already so close, Megumi~!!" Yuji beamed, hugging the other by his shoulders.

"Ugh, get off!! We're not close!" he groaned, walking away from them.

"Whatever you say ~!" he yelled to the other and faced his friend. "Y/N, do you want some ice cream?"

"YES!" the girl's demeanor changed abruptly and fast. That's the only moment when Yuji sees true happiness and enthusiasm in Y/N eyes: when food is the matter.

Chucking at her rare cute behavior, Yuji went with Y/N to buy some ice creams and souvenirs. After some minutes of waiting, Gojo finally arrived and soon a girl followed too. Y/N didn't pay any attention to it, totally concentrated on her delicious dessert.

"I always get myself in the worst situations. Ugh, at least I'm not the only girl." Nobara sighed in defeat.

Afterward, Gojo dragged everyone on a "tour", which end up being only a test to see the rookies in action. Y/N eyed him with a bored expression, absolutely done with the man's attempts to decipher or expose her powers.

"And you, sweetheart? Do you want any cursed weapon?" he asked with a teasing smirk.

"No need." out of nowhere Y/N summoned her golden-like scythe, which got everyone by surprise.

"Wow! How did you do this, Y/N?!" Yuji asked stunned.

"It seems like your friend also holds back some secrets from you, Itadori~ hihihi!" the girl hates his smug face so badly.

"I'm not hiding anything. If he wants to know, I'll tell gladly." she answered piercing daggers into his blindfolded eyes.

"I want to know..." this got her attention, making the girl gazed at the boy. He looked around, aware of the other's presence. "We can talk more later, Y/N! Don't worry."