iv.

a/n: ok so i decided i shouldn't make a pov for Grant just yet, maybe at the right time.

e-squeeze me for some typos.

Charlotte's POV:

Have you ever experienced a time in your life when you met someone, and instantly felt like, with just a touch of a hand, that you were both going to be best friends?

I'm living that moment. Right here, right now.

I stare at him in confusion. Jesus, his eyes are fucking beautiful. Yeah, we all have eyes but his... they had an effect on me, and I wasn't liking it.

He snickered. "You know when someone raises their hand for a high five, you're meant to do the same thing."

"Like I didn't know that?" We both did a high five and I felt like my hand was sparkling. What am I even saying?

I raise a brow at him. "It's just that, you know, the average person would gesture for a hand shake instead of a high five." I said, as-a-matter-of-factly.

He looks at me strangely, like I said something that wasn't in his language. "Who ever said I was an "average" person? I'm one of a kind." He winks.

Ah, now I realize he is a bit cocky. Usual guy, so full of themselves. It would be nice to rip off that smirk of his just so he can't impress anyone with his charm- I mean, cockiness.

Grant coughs, in such a way that he's expecting something to hear from me. "I know you're not the most polite stranger I've met, but maybe introducing yourself to me would make up for it, eh?"

Oh, right. I haven't said my name yet. I then decided I shouldn't say it... not yet. "And how do I know for sure you aren't some serial killer who happens to be extremely attr-" I suddenly needed to filter all the stuff I'd say, covering my mouth. Oh, fuck.

Grant smirks and scratches the back of his neck. "I'm sorry I didn't quite catch the last word?"

There was no way in hell I'd admit to him I find him cute when he's already cocky enough, he probably takes a shower in his self esteem every day. His bath bomb would come from Lush and it'd be called "Self-Obsessed Douche." I'd love to find out how that would smell.

I shook my head, waving dismissively. "Never mind, forget it." So much for trying to make a smart ass comment. "First off, Why do you want to know who I am?"

Grant rolls his eyes. "It's just that, you know, the average person would introduce themselves to someone they've never met." He mimicked in my voice.

I slapped him on the shoulder for that. "I do NOT sound like that!" I hissed, and he was practically laughing his ass off.

"Alright, alright. Defensive." He states and I stick my tongue out. "Just tell me, I promise I'm not a serial killer." His voice was in a serious tone. "Because I'm an attractive serial killer." He winks.

Eh, he would find out anyway. "Oh, get over yourself." I shake my head. "You can call me Charlotte."

"Do you have a nickname?" Grant asks. "Possibly with just one syllable? Char?"

I give him a sour face. I don't like that nickname, it doesn't even sound good. I'd tell him I was often called Latte but I'm not even that close with him for Grant to actually call me that. "I do. But it's not like we're best friends or something, so you don't need to know."

Grant puts his hand over his heart, pretending to be fake hurt. "You really know how to break my heart, Charlotte Kennedy."

I snort. "Thanks, it's a talent that only certain people inherit. I've had that since birth."