My eyes flicked to my legs and my arms as I remembered them being chopped off by Sameer. However, this just gave me more questions than answers.

"W-what? Why did you save me? How did you repair my limbs? What happened to Sameer?" I asked. Suddenly I realized he was still holding me. "And can you please put me down, for fucks sake!"

Rohan raised a brow, and his lips curved into a smirk, "Wow. Not even a thank you for saving your life?"

I just narrowed my eyes at him. "Thank you," I said flatly. "Now put me down."

Rohan chuckled, "As you wish."

Rohan walked over to an earth pillar and knelt beside it as he carefully sat me down and leaned me against it. His eyes flicked down, and he placed his left hand on my abdomen.

"Oh, don't even think about it, buddy!" I yelled and grabbed his left wrist.

I tried to pull his hand away, but my strength was diminished. My body felt so weak. Rohan could basically do what he wanted with me, and I couldn't stop him.

"Stop," Rohan said as he had his eyes closed as if he was concentrating. "I would never take advantage of a lady. I'm checking your body."

I looked at him, confused, as I slowly removed my hand from his wrist. "Checking for what exactly?" I asked, still weary of him.

"The poison," Rohan said.

"What poison?!" I yelled, growing alarmed.

"Sameer. He uses poison magic that can corrode and destroy the body. Once it's in your body, it will break you down cell by cell, slowly by surely, until there is nothing left," Rohan said as he continued to concentrate.

I looked down at his hand and noticed shadows were dancing around it and entering my abdomen. I could feel a cold feeling as the shadows moved through me. My eyes widened when I realized I recognized this feeling from when I saw Sameer throw the spear at me.

'He's telling the truth. He did save me.... But why? We're enemies.'

"I-I'm dead then. If the poison is in my body already...." I breathed out dejectedly.

"No," Rohan said as he opened his eyes and took his hand away from me. "When I healed you, I used my shadow magic to counter his poison magic to take it away. I just needed to verify I got all of it."

Rohan stood up, and I watched him as he walked away and sat across from me, leaning against an earth pillar. I looked at him up and down perplexingly as he leaned his head back and closed his eyes.

"And your healing can regrow limbs?" I asked curiously.

"It can," Rohan answered simply.

"And all the poison is now out of my body?" I asked.

"It is," Rohan said simply.

"So I'm ok then?" I asked for confirmation.

"You are," Rohan acknowledged.

I looked at him up and down, still confused. "Well, that answers how I guess. But you never told me why."

Rohan lifted his head and looked at me with a raised brow, "Why what?"

"Why did you save me? We're enemies in this war. Wouldn't it have been easier to let me die to weaken your enemies' defenses?" I asked.

Rohan sighed as he looked to the side, "I never asked to be part of this war. I only did what I was ordered to. I followed my orders blindly in the name of the High Sovereign. We were always told that Dicathen was a cruel, vicious continent that needed to be saved. However, my viewpoint has recently changed."