Chapter 84

Tessia Eralith POV

Four months later

"Screeeeech!!!"

The human-sized water foxes screeched as they ran around our group. Jasmine, Claire, Lilia, Theo, Curtis, Grawder, and I were standing with our backs to each other in a circle. We were on a scout mission on the fifth floor of the AA class water dungeon, sunken depths.

"Roar!!!" Grawder yelled as two water foxes jumped toward him. Grawder struck one down with his right paw and dug his claws into its chest. Grawder caught the second fox in his mouth as he ripped its head off with his teeth.

"Claire, on your left!" Theo yelled as he brought his fists down on another fox. He smashed the fox to the ground as he cracked its ribs and crushed its insides.

"Screech!" Three foxes yelled as they jumped toward Claire.

Claire waved her rapier in the air and formed three wind bullets. Claire shot the wind bullets forward toward the three foxes. Two of the wind bullets struck their marks. One of the foxes was hit in its head as the wind bullet blew off half its head. Another fox was struck in its chest, leaving a fist-sized hole where its heart was.

The third fox ducked, dodging the wind bullet. The fox lunged towards Claire as Claire ignited her rapier in fire magic. Claire thrust her rapier forward and stabbed the fox in the chest. The fox screeched as Claire raised her sword arm, slicing her rapier through the fox, cutting its head in half.

Two foxes lunged at Curtis as he ignited his sword in fire magic. Curtis dodged one of the foxes and thrust his sword down at the second fox. Curtis' sword stabbed the fox through its chest.

The first fox ran toward Curtis as he was busy with the second fox. Curtis quickly pulled his sword out and turned as he swung his sword down at the advancing fox. Curtis' sliced his sword into the fox's skull as flames wrapped around the fox's head.

A third fox jumped out from behind Curtis and landed on his back. Curtis fell to the ground on his stomach as the fox stood on his back. The fox bit down on Curtis, sinking its teeth into his left shoulder.

"Ahh!!" Curtis yelled.

"Curtis!" Lilia yelled.

I waved my hand as vines shot out from the ground next to me. The vines wrapped around the fox and lifted it off Curtis' back. A flesh-ripping sound was heard as I pulled the fox off of Curtis, who now had a chunk of shoulder missing. Curtis yelled loudly in pain, with blood gushing out of his wound.

I held the fox suspended in the air with vines and swung my bladed staff in an arc as I shot a wind blade at the fox. The wind blade struck the fox in the neck, severing its head from its body.

"Curtis, hang in there!" Theo yelled as he punched another fox back. The fox went flying and collided with two more foxes.

"I-I'm fine," Curtis said through gritted teeth as he rolled onto his back. However, I could see blood pooling beneath him as Curtis began to pale.

Grawder roared in concern and quickly moved next to Curtis. He sunk his teeth into a fox's neck when it tried to get close to Curtis. The fox let out a high-pitched screeth as Grawder ripped it apart. Grawder threw the fox aside and roared loudly at the surrounding foxes.

"Lilia, move to Curtis and protect him!" Jasmine yelled.

"Got it!" Lilia said as she moved next to Curtis.

As Lilia moved next to Curtis, two more foxes ran toward them. Lilia waved her staff as she created four wind blades in the air. Lilia shot the wind blades forward towards the foxes. The foxes dodged the first two wind blades but were struck by the second set of blades.