Sports Festival ~ Ch. 7

Start from the beginning

It wasn't long before he could see the rounded concrete underneath disappear and be replaced with a long stretch of mud mixed with dirt. However he continued to fly over all the competition but sparing a glance back into the dark behind him.

Frosted smoke came pouring out of the frozen tunnel completely covered in ice, in front was a dual haired boy riding on a constant stream of ice - Todoroki Shoto.

The greenette, however, was brought out of his thoughts when a gust of wind brushed by the tip of his wings. He reacted quickly and twisted out of the way and managed to dodge a punch from one the zero pointers.

"ANDDD ONE OF OUR 1-A HERO COURSE STUDENTS HAS REACHED THE FIRST OBSTACLE, THE ROBO INFERNO! KOE IS IN FIRST PLACE FOLLOWED BY TODOROKI  SHOTO AND BAKUGO KATSUKI!"

Looking around, he saw a whole field full of the zero pointers from the entrance exams, however this didn't prove a problem as he just flew over it all. Whenever one of them tried to reach him, he would either dodge or whisper a quiet "Blow up". Having trained his quirk even more, he had started to withstand the harder commands and lessened the drawbacks.

Soon he was at the second obstacle and he was peering into the dark abyss below. Instead of just flying over it all, he landed and started to show off his abilities with a small smirk that didn't go unnoticed by Hawks, who was eagerly watching his performance.

He erased his wings and stuck his hand out above the giant drop.

"Particle concentrate."

Without a second thought, he took a few steps backwords before running and jumping in to the giant cavern which earned a few gasps from the audience when, instead of falling out, he stood on thin air.

He started to run across the void, creating small diamond shapes wherever he stepped which soon disappeared after. A few people tried to follow after him but instead was met with a giant fall of doom, while the other people were only just finishing the first obstacle and Todoroki in the middle of the second one, Midoriya was already progressing towards the third and final obstacle, a mine field.

Midoriya stood still for a while, thinking of a way to show off his power and also get past quickly. The other contestants were still very far behind so he essentially had a lot of time to waste. Midoriya just stood still and turned around to face the hoard of incoming students who were finally getting towards the last stage. The audience was just watching and waiting for what he was about to do when suddenly a huge torrent of ice and small explosions caught their attention.

Todoroki and Bakugo had already caught up, neck and neck with each other while racing straight towards Midoriya, however when they started to pass him, he whispered something making the pair crash on to the dirt.

"Dispel."

With their quirks stopping briefly, the remaining students caught up and started to try and cross the mine field, however Midoriya started to walk away and towards where the second obstacle was. Todoroki looked at him perplexed before summoning up his ice again to start gliding over the mines. 

"WHAT IS THIS SUDDEN CHANGE? HAS OUR PAST FIRST PLACE GROWN CONFIDENT ENOUGH TO STOP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RACE?!"

"He has a plan." Aizawa audibly groaned beside the very loud cockatoo, already getting tired of the festival and wishing he had declined.

However as soon as everyone was in range of the blasts Midoriya stuck both his hands out towards the bombs.

"IGNITE!"

The students, who were precariously trying to avoid the bombs, were all attacked by an onslaught of explosions surrounding them from all sides. Despite the bombs not being powerful enough to kill people by themselves, all together they could definitely pack a punch and even knock some people unconscious.