EPILOGUE

❝𝐼𝑛 𝑎𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒, 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑛𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑢𝑠 𝑎𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒?❞

~•~

Soft filtered grey threads of morning light transformed Taehyung's night into an invitation from the ocean. In that wash of the new light, his face took on the appearance of an old photograph— one of nostalgia. 

Continuing until today, Taehyung can see that stalwart wife to his left. Taehyung can see that devastated mother to his right. 

It has been 2 years…2 years since he last visited this exact place…

-2 years ago-

TAEHYUNG ;

"Kookoo…I am sorry. We could not save our mother. She passed away exactly at 3.26 a.m, because of a fatal panic attack. She was hooked on IV because mom..ref-" I swallow, 

Refused to eat. Who should I blame Kookoo? Hm? Myself? It was I who briefed her about the mishap. Or should it be you, huh? Because you did not care in the least  to make a call to your mother. Tell me now, who to blame? 

Kookoo, wherever you are— your family wants to see you. Your Tae bear wants to see you, touch you…won't you come? Say? You won't come?"

I, palpably, did not want to come back to the sea, despite I did. My hands are hanging onto the railings inviolable. Raindrops are falling on the red thread my Kookoo gave me. 

"I am looking through the bars— Iseul-Ho has sunk too much now. And I don't know why the divers are not being let to forage for survivors. I don't know Kookoo what the hell the Coast Guard or the rescuers are doing…the cops are broadcasting lies— they says there is no passenger trapped in the ferry. Why are they lying, Kookoo? Do you know why they are lying?"

Kookoo…are you there? Can you hear me?

"Has your fear of water rested a bit? Not yet? Don't worry…you will definitely succeed one day, I believe. And I…will always be by your side."

I dampen my lips. "I really don't understand why you all of a sudden wanted to play hide and seek, making me devoid of seeking. Now, if you ever try to find me right where you left me…you won't..."

Kookoo…where are you? Of 300 corpses, not one was yours Kookoo. Please, please stop this ridiculous game…Kookoo…come back!!

"But, thank you Kookoo. You left me with beautiful…really beautiful memories. Your love is my strength. And even though I can not see or touch you anymore…I feel you always by my side. 

You know Koo, last night I laid awake for the entire night. If you still remember your baby bear, you must know he can not stay awake till very late. But yesterday…"

How could I sleep, huh? You were not holding me in your arms. You were not brushing the brunette bangs falling on my eyes. Kookoo…you did not even care to kiss my forehead anymore? You were not singing me a lullaby…I don't fucking care whether it would be out of tune or whatever, okay? I miss your lullabies, Kookoo.

"I want to hold you once again. You…really have stopped caring about me, huh? You don't want to hold me anymore?

 I thought of learning how to make espresso— I was about to ask you to teach it to me…but then you just abruptly disappeared. 

Kookoo my cooking lessons are incomplete…we have to complete those. Please…come back…

I also need a partner to binge watch movies and stream music videos of Park Hyun-Shi. Oh! You know? Hyun-Shi has completed her shooting for her comeback. The release would be on 1st January, 2015. You told me that you would buy me the album….won't you…?"

Kookoo? Can you hear me?

"The kdrama 'Shooting Stars' makes me remind you very much…believe me. You said you would watch it with me this Christmas. Then…why are you not recurring to home? You don't want to watch it anymore?"

Please Kookoo....please come back.

See I'm living...for you. I am waiting for you...

A tear slips my fervour.

-End of flashback-

Taehyung has revisited the sea— the only contrariety was that 2 years ago the beach was fenced in, now it is easily convenient.

"Tae???"

Cowering, he turned to look at the owner of the words pronounced latter,

"Oh? Dad?" His nerves soothed, "Why have you brought Soojin here?" 

"Did you maybe forget today there was half a day in her school. You were not picking up your calls. So I myself went to retrieve darling from the school."

Taehyung bit at his tongue, "Oh God! I am so sorry, I really- I really forgot. Papa genuinely apologises," he instantaneously hastened to Soojin and crouched, embracing her, "Sorry warrior. Your papa is very sorry," he cupped the little warrior's face and put a celibate kiss on the back of Soojin’s dad. 

"It's okay, papa!!" Soojin, attired in a pink chequered Flannel and red skirt with two ponytails hanging at either side, displayed her dimple-ish beam. "Warrior is not angry," she seized Taehyung's non-dominant arm and bit on the ring finger— detained by the silver wedding ring. 

"Anyway, Tae…come back soon. All the arrangements of your one year anniversary are devised by us. Guests must already be coming. So come soon, okay?" 

Taehyung gave the nod— "I will. Soon."

After the old man had left. Taehyung escorted Soojin towards a Sakura— lifeless as of now, awaiting another new spring. 

"This is the last thing your dadda left for me," Taehyung heaved a breath and stepped closer— towards a beige sneaker hanging from the branch, 

"Wherever you are…I hope you are happy, Kookoo. I still miss you,"

He closed his eyes and kissed on the foxing of it, where 'baby bear & Kookoo forever' was carved. 

"So, I belong at your shoes, huh?"

"No, baby bear…you belong with my steps."

Soojin acted in accordance to her parent. She closed her eyes, kissed on the sneaker,

"Happy Anniversary Dadda!" She smiled from ear to ear. 

Tae pecked her on the nose, and turned to return,

As a bolt from the blue, a goaded man spoke "Excuse me, sir. We are a survey team. We are working on the recent mishap with Iseul-Ho. If you would please aid us in our conduct," he scribbled something.

"Sure!!"

"Your name, sir?" The other one asked noting down.

"Jeon. Taehyung Jeon."

~•~

-THE END (OF SEASON 1)-