"With pleasure!" Singto grinned and rubbed his palms together with a devious expression on his face, preparing to do as was told, before they both burst out laughing loud, cheerful laughter filling the darkness around them.

Finally, after a few minutes, the laughter died down and slowly, the tension between the two best friends heightened up once again.

"Well...this is awkward." Krist announced, trying to break the awkward tension surrounding them.

Singto sighed and leaned closer to Krist, softly brushing a strand of hair behind Krist's ear, touching him so gently as to not make Krist even more nervous. "Look, I know this is making you uncomfortable and I'm sorry, but you're the only one who can help me with this. I don't think I could do this without you..."

Krist's eyes opened in disbelief at the words he was hearing. "Oh come on, you are the most confident and determined person I know."

"You only say that just because you're my best friend." Singto deadpanned with a small huff. 

"No, I'm being completely honest. You're smart, handsome, charming, serio-" Krist exclaimed quickly.

You are the most handsome guy I know! How can you even think like this of yourself? 

"I am too serious! That's why no one would ever want to date me seriously. I am certain even the person I like thinks of me as a mere joke!" Singto announced in growing frustration. "I'm too serious, I'm too frank, I make a lot of pretty sarcastic jokes all the time and-"

Krist was not going down without a fight. He wanted Singto to hear his words. All of them.

"And you're capable, strong and independent." Oh so handsome. He retorted, staring into Singto's dark eyes like intense he was seeing them for the first time.

Like he was seeing Singto for the first time.

"But men don't like strong and independent guys. One must play the girly part or the two would never get along as a couple. You know the dramas, Kit, you know the roles we are supposed to play in relationships." Singto muttered with a small pretended sigh, his eyes silently observing Krist's every reaction. 

Krist was panicking, every cell in his body violently disagreeing to every word Singto had said.

But that's what makes you different, P'Sing! That's what makes...you.

"Well, I like you!" Krist exclaimed loudly, before realizing the meaning behind his words, he suddenly started to cough and stutter in an attempt to hide his embarrassment. "I mean, uhm... I like independent guys... I like people who can hold their ground, who are confident and know what they want." Or who they want. He added with a tint of blush.

Singto's heart soared with happiness.

Adorable.

The darkness was making it hard for Singto to see the redness covering Krist's ears and face, but he saw the latter bit his lower lip nervously; he knew very well that Krist was shy and his words had just been like sweet music to his ears.

"That's just you, Kit, and you're my friend. You're just trying to make me feel better, so...anyways, let's just get it over with."

Singto had a plan and a role to play, so he kept pushing Krist's buttons, hoping his plan would go as he was hoping for.

"Fine, I'm not going to press this issue anymore. But I'm only going to say one last thing." Krist stated. "Haven't you ever thought that maybe... Maybe some guys weren't approaching you before because they think you're too damn good for them? Haven't you ever thought that maybe, they were scared that they wouldn't ever be able to match up to you? Or that... They're scared of being rejected by you?" Krist asked slowly, his honest words breaking his heart question by question.