⚄Five

Have a picture of future Leo because he deserves the world :) 

And take this rough sketch from an amateur artist (me) showing what the brace looks like 

Since Leo's room was on the top floor of the lair, I had to walk past Donnie's lab, Raph and Mikey's rooms, and the kitchen on the bottom floor before I finally got the distance from the blue turtle I felt I needed. There was a spiral ramp all along the sides of the lair leading all the way down to the bottom where it ended at the skate ramp. Each of the turtle's rooms were covered by their signature color curtains, and other than Leo's, I didn't know what they looked like.

I stomped past Raph and Mikey, who were playing some video game I'd never seen before. They both looked up at the aura of anger surrounding me then to me frantically wiping at my eyes. "What's wrong?" Raph asked softly, standing up to set a gentle hand on my shoulder.

"Leo," was all I had to say. He had already sent a fiery glare up towards Leo's room, where the blue turtle was staring down at the scene with pain in his eyes.

"I'll go talk to him-"

"Don't. It's not even worth it." I sniffed, and he tore his angry gaze from his brother to comfort me.

"Here, take a seat." I looked around for some kind of cushion, but the only one left was where Raph was previously seated.

"I don't want to interrupt your game." I finally got the last of the tear evidence off my face, but I wasn't sure I wasn't going to be a mess if I started thinking about it again.

"Nonsense." He patted me on the back and I lurched forward, making him snag me and pull me back into his plastron. "Heh, sorry. I forget you're not my brothers." He sat down crisscross and patted his lap. My eyes went wide and my cheeks warmed, but I took the invitation. He was much bigger than me, both in width and height, and I looked like a small doll sitting in his lap. For a spiny turtle he was surprisingly warm and cuddly, and he gently rested his chin on my head to see the screen over me. I wondered if he'd ever wanted a sister.

I felt eyes on me and I tilted my head to see Leo still watching me. His guilt was obvious, I didn't need to see his expression. Part of me felt bad for making him feel so ashamed, but the other part of me said screw him. He could claim I was a distraction but he hadn't even taken the time to get to know me before deciding to bounce out of my life. And maybe I shouldn't have asked in the first place because I already knew he wasn't ever planning on coming back, but a part of me wanted the truth so I wouldn't have to wonder.