CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

🚨 swearing!

Pierre landed on his roof before detransforming and climbing through his bedroom window, 'shit', he thought, 'anne-marie is gonna lose it when she sees i took the flyscreen out' he collapses on his bed, "Two times in one day! It's like Mariposa has no life!"

Trixx was laying down in the top drawer in Pierre's bedside table, which was now transformed into more of a miniature-sized bed. "She might be on school holidays too," Trixx mumbled tiredly.

"Yeah. Wait a minute, yeah! Trixx you're a genius! Mariposa is probably a Jorden High School student or teacher, I mean, most of her akumatised victims are students or people who work at school!"

"She could also be a parent..." Pierre sat up as he looked at Trixx, he was barely awake. "Oh! You must be so hungry, I'm sorry. I'll go get some grapes for you!"

By the time Pierre left his room and walked to the kitchen he had forgotten about his Aunt being back because when he saw her sitting in the kitchen he almost had a heart attack. "Ah!" He squealed, a blush appearing on his face as the blush sounded more feminine than he would have liked. "Aunt Anne-Marie!"

"Where did you run off to?" The redhead asked spearing no time.

"I told you, I had an assessment," Pierre grabbed out a handful of green grapes from the fridge and put them in a bowl before washing them down. "I'm sorry that I ran out like that but it slipped my mind."

Anne-Marie scoffed, "An assessment? In the middle of the school holidays? Pierre, why are you lying to me?"

Pierre sighed, he knew it was better to tell her the truth rather than another lie, "Since you've been gone, I've joined a charity group, it's a good one, we help a lot of people," technically that wasn't a lie, Pierre thought.

"A charity group? Where you need to socialise with other humans?"

"Yes-"

There was a knock at the front door which caught their attention. Anne-Marie stood up and walked towards the front door, she looked through the peeping hole. "Pierre, it's Lee."

Pierre's eyes widen as he felt his blood rush to his face, Dark Cupid 2.0 words rang in his mind, 'you will love me like you love your best friend,' Lee is in love with him. Pierre doesn't know how to feel about that, he is happy that Lee shares his feelings but at the same time it's a lot to take in and Pierre is already preoccupied with his aunt's return.

Before Pierre could say 'tell her i'm sleeping' his aunt had already opened the door. "Anne-Marie?" He heard Lee question, "How long have you been back?"

"A couple of hours. What are you doing here Lee, isn't your father worried?"

"My father isn't worried about much other than our bills," Lee muttered under her breath. She looked at Pierre, "I need to talk to Pierre, it will be quick, I promise." Not many people scare Lee Stanford, but Anne-Marie Monet has always been someone that Lee both respected and slightly feared.

"Make it quick. Pierre, I'm going to bed, don't stay up too late, I have a lot planned for tomorrow."

Pierre grinned, "Can't wait," although his tone was sarcastic, the blonde boy genuinely couldn't wait, it's been forever since Anne-Marie and he did something together.

Anne-Marie nodded before walking up the stairs that led to their bedrooms and the bathroom.

"So..." Lee started as she walked up to the dinner table and sat down, "May and I broke up."

"I heard," Pierre took the seat closest to Lee. "I saw it on the news."

Lee cursed under her breath, she ran a hair through her faded purple hair, "Look, there is something I've been meaning to tell you but it isn't really the best timing, and it could mess up everything-"

"Lee," Pierre grabbed her hand, she instantly stopped talking at the touch, "That wasn't the only thing I saw on the news."

"What?"

Pierre started to fidget with one of the grapes he was holding, slowly peeling the skin off of it, "On the news... Dark Cupid 2.0- May, they said something about you being in love with your best friend and unless you have another friend that I don't know about..."

"I didn't want you to know!" Lee exclaimed, being louder than she had intended. She lowered her voice, afraid that Anne-Marie might come down the stair. "God, this fucking sucks."

"I like you too."

Lee whipped her head around and faced Pierre, she grinned, "You do?!"

He chuckled, "Yeah. I've liked you for about two months now but you were dating May and I didn't want to ruin our friendship."

"What about Ellie? Aren't you two dating now?"

"No?" Pierre crossed his arms, "Why? Is that what you thought? Lee! I just didn't want to third wheel you and May, it was hard enough being your best friend and third wheeling but to be in love with you and third wheeling..."

"You're in love with me?"

"I just told you I was, arsehole," he said affectionately.

Lee laughed, "Yeah, I know but I thought you had a crush on me, not that you were in love with me!"

Pierre rolled his eyes, "Well, I'm in love with you, not Ellie, so deal with it."

Lee smiled before his hand expression turned soft, "So what does that change about us?"

Pierre wanted to say partners, that they could now start dating but he couldn't. His aunt had just came home, meaning that she is going to leave all over again and Pierre doesn't think he can deal with that, being a superhero and a new relationship. "Lee... do you think we could cool off about this. I would love to be your boyfriend someday but I have a lot going on right now and I think it would be the best thing for us if we could wait a while, at least until I figure out how long she is going to be around this time."

Lee frowned, 'well, that's not exactly the rejection she was expecting but it still didn't feel much better.'

"So, best friends?"

"Yeah, best friends work," Pierre hugged Lee, "Thank you for understanding."

"Do you wanna hang out at the skatepark? As friends of course," Lee suggested.

Pierre blushed, "Yeah, that sounds good."

Lee got up and walked over to the front door, "See you there dork."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

This isn't 'the chapter' I swapped it for the next chapter, so get ready.

Like, comment and tell me what you thought!

1120 words