09 - Celebration

Rosie actually managed to squeeze in a free day just a week after the Music Core Performance, so she could celebrate their win with me. We met outside of a café which didn't look like the fancy type to me. Rosie probably wants to keep the locations we hang out in low-key.

We entered the building and one of the waitresses lead us into a private room. I felt bad again, because Rosie had to pay extra just so she could spend some time with me. "Thank you." Rosie told the waitress, who left to get us some water, and sat down at the table while removing her face mask. I did the same, without removing a mask of course.

"Don't worry, I didn't pay a lot for this private room

"Don't worry, I didn't pay a lot for this private room. This café is famous for its privacy, so they offer private rooms like this either way." Rosie told me as if she could read my mind. Or face, because I'm pretty sure everyone could tell how uncomfortable I felt with this sort of special treatment.

The waitress came back with some water, took our orders and told Rosie how big of a fan she is before she left to get our food prepared. "Does that happen every time you go out?" I asked Rosie while watching the waitress leave happily. "Yeah, but I got used to it. It would bother me more if all of them would want an autograph and a picture every time, but luckily most of them are respectful enough to just tell me they're fans and then treat me like every other customer." I nodded. We talked about this and that until our food arrived.

Rosie ordered some strawberry cake and I ordered mousse au chocolat. Her eyes sparkled when the waitress sat down the cake in front of her. I couldn't contain my smile.

We both took a bite and Rosie started to wiggle in her chair while my eyes widened by how delicious it was. We enjoyed our food while talking and I watched Rosie's happy expressions while eating.

"You know, it's really cute how excited you get over delicious food." I noticed and my friend in front of me blushed a little. "I can't help it, I just love food so much..."

"By the way, Y/N... Thank you." Rosie suddenly got quiet and I got confused. "Why are you thanking me? You are the one treating me today." I asked and she just shook her head.

"That's not what I meant. I mean, thank you for being my friend. When I'm around you, I feel just like a normal girl again and not like a celebrity. It's a very nice feeling. Most of my friends are celebrities too, we are comfortable and relaxed around each other, but we all know how life in the eye of the public is, so we all have habits that correspond with that. But you are just a normal person, no offense intended. And I just feel so happy and carefree when I'm with you. And I wanted to thank you for that." She said while putting on her angelic smile and my heart skipped several beats from how moved I was.

"Rosie... I feel similar. When I came to Korea, I felt lost. Not just literally because I got lost during a walk on my first day here, but also because all of this is just so new to me. My dad is back at home in (y/country) and I don't have any family or friends here. I have my roommates, but they're also foreigners. I felt so alone. But I feel so much more at home here in Korea since I met you and got to spend some time with you. You made me feel comfortable in this country. And I also wanted to thank you for that." I poured out my hearts content and Rosie teared up a little. As if we could read each other's mind, we both stood up and hugged. It's the first time I got so close to her, so I enjoyed it for as long as I could. But neither of us felt weird about the sudden closeness. It felt right and much needed.

After Rosie paid for our visit at the café, we decided to talk a walk. The sun was already setting, so we had an awesome scenery while strolling down Han River.

"I'm honestly surprised you even got to take the day off today. I thought you would be drowning in work, since you don't just have this one Music Core Performance?" I asked Rosie while walking next to her.

"You're not wrong, but we also learned a lot during our time as idols, so we know how we can manage our time most effectively. And it's important to take a break every now and then to prevent injury. I have to admit, our popularity gives us a whole lot of benefits in comparison to other groups in our company. But since we work hard and get good results, we are allowed to manage our time a little more to fit our own needs. Aside from fixed schedules of course." Rosie explained while soaking in the last few rays of the setting sun. She looked so happy, even with her face mask on.

"Wanna go to my apartment? I could show you some more things on the guitar." Rosie suggested and I nodded in agreement. She texted her manager to pick us up and we sat down on a nearby bench. "Oh right, the last time you came to my apartment I made you wear a blindfold, so you don't even really know where it is."

Blackpinks' manager picked us up just a few minutes later and Rosie told me her address, so I could come visit her more easily. Even though I was engaged in my conversation with her, I tried to look out the car window to learn the way to Blackpinks dorm.

I followed Rosie as she led me to her apartment door. "Oh by the way, the others went out today too. It's possible that they're not home yet, I hope that's okay for you." Rosie told me while opening the door and letting me in. "Oh that's fine, don't worry. And thank you for your hospitality."

Rosie and I spend some time together drinking tea and she taught me some more things on the guitar. The regularly corrected my fingers and I was amazed by how soft her hands were. After some time I put the guitar away and looked at my hands. "I think I'm done for today. My fingers hurt like crazy." Rosie giggled and pointed to the TV. "Wanna watch something then? We can probably still fit one or two episodes of a show in before you have to go home." I nodded and Rosie put on a k-drama show I didn't know.

We sat next to each other on the sofa and put a blanket over our legs because it actually got a little cold. "I just realized that I didn't really have the time for korean media yet. I've never watched any korean movies or shows yet." I noticed and the girl next to me looked surprised. "Really? Then I'm about to introduce you to k-drama? Yay!" She squealed next to me, which made me smile. She's just so cute.

Some time passed by and Rosie was cuddled up next to me, because she needed some emotional support for the touching romantic scenes. She held my arm tight and dried her tears with a napkin. "Hey Y/N? Do you think that I could also have a person like this someday?" Rosie asked and caught me off guard. She talked about the caring love interest of the main character.

"Of course. You're an awesome person. Sweet, caring and a great friend. I'm sure you'll find someone who makes you happy." I told her and she looked at me. Her face was pretty close since she sat so close to me. "Really? You mean that?" She quietly asked and I nodded. We looked into each other's eyes for some time. Hers were a little red from the crying earlier.

"I'm actually really happy... when you're with me..." She whispered as her face moved closer to mine. I was so captivated by the moment that I didn't realize what was happening. Our lips got closer to each other and....

Suddenly the front door opened loudly and we quickly moved away from each other, both with a red face from embarrassment. "Lisa, not so loud! Rosie might already be asleep!" We heard Jisoo scold the maknae. "Nah, I can hear the TV, she's still awake." Lisa answered and the three members of Blackpink walked through the hall towards us. I cleared my throat and stood up.

"Oh Y/N, you're here? Hi!" Jennie noticed me as they entered the living room. Rosie was still too embarrassed to speak. "Y-yes, but... I actually have to go, it's pretty late already." I said and hurried to the front door. "Y/N, wait!" I heard Rosie call out. I turned around to see that she also got up and followed me. She looked worried. I just smiled. "I'll see you soon Rosie. Text me, when you have a day off. Okay?" I said while putting on my shoes and coat. Rosie's expression relaxed and she also smiled. "Yes, of course. Get home safely."

I exited the building and leaned to the wall next to the entrance. I put one of my hands up to my chest and felt my heart pound like crazy. I could also feel my face burning. What happened just now?