I look up from the table to meet his serious facial expression.

Is this asshat being serious?

My fingers remain connected to my pounding temples as I just blink at the male athlete with a bored facial expression.

"Why would you want to break up with me? I'm amazing." I reply dryly, deciding to humor him.

Noel does not laugh at my partial joke.

"I'm breaking up with you because you're, like, in love with Gillian or some shit and seem to like her better than me."

I blink at him.

"Poor you."

A scoff leaves the athlete's mouth.

"Just so you know, Gillian isn't into people like you."

"Hot people?"

"No...queers."

"Well, just so you know, I'm not into Gillian."

Liar.

"Sure, Courtney." Is all that he says before standing up from his chair and walking off.

I release a breath of air that I did know that I was holding.

I reconnect Gillian and I's lips, roughly pushing the slightly taller girl back against the brick wall to our left.

My grip on Gill's hips tighten with a sudden, unnamed anger.

A soft and breathy moan exits the auburn-haired girl's mouth the second that her back collides with the brick wall, a rush of wetness pooling in my thin panties.

An exaggerated groan leaves my body as I bring my hands down to cover my flustered cheeks.

This is a torturous insanity!

I feel my cellphone vibrate on the table that I am currently sat at. Removing one of my hands from my face, I move my hand downward until it rests over the cellular device.

Feeling the familiar texture of my phone case, I grasp ahold of my cellphone and turn it over so that the screen is in my line of sight. My screen immediately illuminates from this action which allows me to see the text message that I received.

'I twisted my ankle in the hallway near the commons. Can you come and help me get to the school nurse.' A text from Gia reads.

If this bitch pulls my hair extensions out I will break her second ankle myself.

-

Gillian's POV

Courtney has ignored me all morning.

Whilst I would usually be upset by this, I feel more so relieved that it happened this time.

If I am being honest, I don't really want to talk to her anytime soon.

I do not hate her by any means, far from it actually.

I just do not want to face the consequences of the events that happened yesterday night nor do I want to confront the consequences of my actions.

My feet lead me into the hall opposite of the commons where Gia informed me that she needed my help.

"Gia?" I call out.

I glance down at the text message on my phone screen in order to confirm that I did not accidentally get the directions wrong.

When I conclude that I am inside of the correct hallway, I go to call Gia's name again only to stop when I notice the girl sitting on the tiled flooring in front of the janitors closet with her hands clasped around her presumably injured ankle.