The teen shook his head violently. He didn't want to think about such a scenario.

Sam stood up from his chair and got onto his knees, putting the folded up rope in the space he created under the floorboard he dislodged.

A perfect hiding place.

After hiding his rope, the teen made his way downstairs to see a scene that was starting to become part of his oh-so-normal daily life. Edith was sitting in her seat at the table, eating her breakfast while drawing on paper with some crayons Alastor had bought for her.

Sometimes it felt as though time wasn't moving but rather, the days simply repeated themselves.

"Oh there you are, Samuel! We were wondering when you'd come down." Alastor chimed, emerging from the kitchen with a plate of food, placing it on the table.

"Thank you." Sam said as he sat down.

A totally normal morning.

Edith put her crayons down and turned around in her chair, putting her paper up to Alastor who was standing behind her, making himself a cup of coffee. Upon seeing the drawing, the man chuckled and ran his hand through the girl's caramel hair. "Absolutely magnificent, my dear! Very well done!"

The young girl smiled before facing forward "Sammy look!" she exclaimed, lifting her paper up and turning it around so her brother could see the colorful picture she drew.

The teen smiled at her. "It looks great Edi!" He said happily.

Of course, both he and Alastor couldn't actually understand what she attempted to draw, the paper was covered in plain lines of color that formed an image in the imagination five year old's head. An older person couldn't comprehend it. But that didn't stop them from lying to encourage.

Though, normally Sam wouldn't say a drawing like that was great, rather, he would just say to keep working on it.

But Sam has been trying to act more natural around Al lately, tying to gain his trust by somewhat copying his way of acting. He didn't do the best of jobs but he tried. It somewhat worked as well.

Sam could tell Alastor was starting to trust him more. Of course, Al wasn't foolish about it.

But the way Sam could tell was how there was less tension when the two were alone together. It used to be that when they were alone, the teen could barely find his breath let alone his words. Now, it was less terrifying and more relaxed.

This wasn't going to stop Sam from trying to get away though. Things might have changed on the outside, but on the inside, Sam's guard was still held high and his terror was still there.

But sometimes he still questioned himself. Questioned whether he was being rational or not; questioned if he was doing the right thing.

Sometimes he felt like maybe it was time to let go and see what happened. But his protective mind continued to fight against him. Ripping away any thought of backing out of his plan.

The teen sighed internally as he resumed eating his breakfast. It was only few minutes later when Alastor rose to his feet and brushed his white dress shirt clean.

"Have you finished Edith?" He asked, looking at the girl who was waiting patiently.

She nodded happily, showing her empty dish.