☂︎︎ 𝐛𝐞𝐭 | 𝐚𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐧

y/n l/n

i opened my locker and grabbed my chemistry book as my best friend, b/f, babbled on about how her sister tattled on her.

"and she said- uh, y/n?" i turn to her.

"what?" she gestures.

"aidan's coming! aidan's coming!" she whisper-shouts. i began to panic. i've had a crush on him since freshman year. but he was apart of the popular gang, and his friends would always bully me and b/f.

"hey, y/n," he knows my name?!

"h-hey," i stutter.

"so, i know you're good at math, and i was wondering if you're free today to help me with our homework," right, he's in my class. duh.

"u-uhm, yeah! i'm free! you can come to mine after school?" he nods.

"cool, see you then," he smiles and walks away. i turn to b/f who is squealing as i chuckle.

~

after school i meet up with aidan outside of the school and we began to walk to my house.

"so, what was your main struggle with math today?" i ask.

"i don't understand how to find the area of the irregular shapes," he replied.

"oh, we're here," i point to my house.

"i like your house, it's small," he says.

"okay wow-"

"no! in a good way! i live in a giant house and it's easy to get tired," i nod.

"okay, well, come on," i use my house key to unlock the front door and let him inside.

"mom! my friend is here! i'm gonna help him with his homework!" i run up the stairs with aidan.

"okay, honey! wait, him?-"

"great, thanks, mom!" she slams her door shut as aidan laughs.

"i take it your mom doesn't like you hanging out with guys," i shrug.

"she doesn't really care. as long as i'm not home alone with them," he nods.

"alright, so what was it you needed help with?" he points at the paper.

"right," i began to explain as he stared at me.

~

"you get it now?" i asked aidan.

"yup. thanks for your help," he smiles.

"no problem. but you should probably get going," he nods.

"yea, uhm.. i'll see you tomorrow," he quickly kissed my cheek before sprinting out of my bedroom, leaving me flustered.

~

as me and aidan walk out of class he pulls out our homework from yesterday.

"so, how'd you do?" he shows me his paper with a wide smile on his face.

"a 92%?! awesome!" i high-five him.

"and it was all because of you," he holds my hand.

"w-what?" he leaned in and kissed me, long and hard.

"thanks," he winked before walking away.

"y/n!" i slowly turn to see b/f.

"i saw the whole thing! tell me everything!" i chuckle as aidan continues walking down the hall.

~

later that day i was walking up to aidan to ask if he wanted to hang out after school and i overheard his conversation with his friends.

"so, how's our bet going?" his friend asks.

"good, she probably thinks i like her. i kissed her after class. it sucked," he whispers the last part as i began to tear up. he heard me sniffle and turned around.

"y-y/n.." he widens his eyes.

"how could you?"

"i-i didn't mean t-"

"oh, shut up," i storm out of the school and cry my heart out.

let's just say my week wasn't great.