Black and white(3)

"D-do you live alone?" He shivered slightly, and the cold air tingled across his beige sweater as he glanced inside the black interior of the car and at Yi Heng, who had pushed the door open for him.

"Yes." Yang Hua smiled softly used to the man's short answers as he got into the car, the hospital slightly less dreary than before. "W-What are you doing?" He leaned towards Yi Heng peering to see what was on the laptop he always had on, Yang Hua's body hovered over Yi Heng's lap as he placed a hand on his thigh to make sure he was stable.

Yi Heng still worked, looking through files as the scent of lavendar shampoo flitered away. Yang Hua moved back to his original postion, the scenery fleeting as the car sped everything into a blur. He stared out the window enamored by the emptiness of the city they drove through, and suddenly his eyes lit up, "Stop please!"

Waiting for the confused driver to stop the car, he jumped out, running down the street. "Sir? Should I leave?"

"No, wait for him." 

Yang Hua skipped back a few minutes later happily, holding a plastic bag in his arms as he got back into the car. He stuffed his snacks into his mouth, his eyes looking like they were watering. He coughed as the spice stuck to his throat, and a sculpted hand raised a bottle of water to him. Coughing, Yang Hua giddily took into account that Yi Heng opened it for him. "Thank you."

The car ride was quieter, the soft sound of the air conditioner and tumbling of the tires was soothing as they slowly stopped at a secluded house, Yi Heng shut the door snapping Yang Hua out of his reviere as he stared at the delicate house and muttered under his breath, "I thought you would like darker colours."

He looked at the man walking ahead of him, finding it hard to not readily observe him, "It's a family house."

"Where's your family?" Yang Hua carefully glanced at Yi Heng's from the side.

"They're dead."

"How? Wait, y-you don't have to answer I-I'm sorry for asking."

"Car accident. Nan Yan will show you your room."

Walking behind Yi Heng, he wrapped his soft arms around him, "Thank you for helping me. I-I'll do my best to repay you."

"Yang Hua, get your arms off of me."

"Sorry, sorry." He quickly released Yi Heng and stood further away from him as his cheeks burned with embarrassment. He curiously looked at the sunny but desolate front yard. Golden cages with bird food clinked against each other, hiding the trees lacking vitality. Everything that surrounded them was perfectly groomed with nothing out of place, and the smell of flowers spread itself in the windy morning.

Yi Heng had walked up the marble stairs with Yang Hua shyly following after him like all his confidence had been spent asking to live there, and when they reached the front of the house the doors opened to people in uniform bowing, "Welcome back sir." Some voices faded out as they looked at the person on beside their boss.

"Nan Yan, did you fix the room placement?"

"I did, sir." A woman in a blue dress answered her eyes always on Yang Hua. Yi Heng's phone rang, "I'm coming."

"Nan Yan, call one of the drivers."

"I already did sir."

"Show Yang Hua to his room."

"I'll show him good hospitality sir." She bowed to him seriousness plastered on her face.

Yi Heng turned his head to glance at Yang Hua then left after nodding at Nan Yan in acknowledgment.

The faces of the servants sank bothered by the man as they also stared at their boss leaving, "Mr. Yang I'll show you to your room." She walked ahead with Yang Hua in tow as he looked around.

"Mr. Yi doesn't seem to have any pictures around the house."

"Sorry to ask you this, but do you know if he likes women or m-men?"

"Mr. Yang, sir will not fall in love, so his preference doesn't matter, and that matter should be of no importance to you."

"Mrs Nan, do you like Mr. Yi?"

"We have reached your room, Mr. Yang, I hope you have a pleasant time for your temporary stay here."

Yang Hua shut the door and sneered, then he looked at the interior of the room. It was monotonous. The bed and walls were black and grey, the only touch of color was the wooden floor and airy curtains. He jumped onto the bed, closing his eyes as his head sank into the dark pillow.

He turned on the bed smiling as he slept, Yang Hua slowly woke up, taking time to adjust, and his eyes fluttered in the darkness. The moon was especially bright, as were the stars. It was as if they were having festivities. "What time is it?" He mumbled, reaching for his phone that was strewn on the bed and was annoyed to see the dead phone's black screen.

Yang Hua left his room and roamed the place. He walked upstairs, looking at the pictureless walls as he observed place. He walked deeper down the hall, and a faint sound tickled his ears as he pushed open a door. He looked at the room with darker interior than his. He  curiously walked to the side lit by the moon, and he stopped.

Boundless night sky met the rippling water, they merged together leaving the pool in its own infinte universe as the scent of roses filled the place like the falling breeze, a familiar chill ran across Yang Hua body arousing him as he watched. His black hair shimmered as he came out of from underwater, little droplets hung on glinting like a crown of inlaid crystals on his hair, and as if begging for light, they placed stars even the moon upon him, and eager to cling to his body, they moved around his cold body.

His dainty lashes brushed off the water that dangled like bells, black eyes as frozen as glass reflecting the sky in them, his red lips melted with honey, and made the words he spoke dreams. The luster on his sculpted body from his hands to waist was like the god of beauty settled upon obsidian wings, an unattainable entity not made for human eyes.

Yang Hua stood there as Yi Heng swam, ferrying across galaxies, and his heart thumped softly. Yi Heng reached the side of the pool and pushed up as he glanced at Yang Hua. "What are you doing here?"