Nova

"You can't just leave!" she protested.,,Why not? I don't feel comfortable here. Not at all. Do you understand?" I sighed heavily and started to pack my things."You have to tell principal Navarro first," she added."He'll find out somehow." I said quickly."You're not doing all this because of him, are you?" Maddy asked uncertainly.I paused."Maybe a little, but it's better for me, I have to go home." I leaned on the edge of the bed."Hey, I'm always here for you, ok?" She smiled at me and sat down next to me."I really loved him." I whined."I know, but he wasn't the right one. Jayce always had problems." She piqued my interest."What kind?" I asked."He had a drug problem for 3 years, then he got better. But only for a while, then his father came in, who is also the director of our university."I looked at her in surprise.I noticed that he never talked about his family, or even about himself.He just told me some things I didn't even know about myself,but things about him? He never said a single word-"There were rumors that his father abused him so badly that Jayce was sometimes in the hospital."My heart shatterd at the picture of Jayces bruised face.It was his father who did this to him.,,That's all I know," her eyes flew open as if she'd remembered something else."Ah and when you came he was totally different, nicer, better.""How do you actually know all this? "I asked after a while."My sister went to school here, I came to visit her very often and then one or two things got on my ears."I was about to say something when someone started knocking on the door.It was Jayce.,Nova! Please!- It's not what you think!-"he shouted.My eyes watered a little, but I recovered myself.After half an hour he gave up."Please, Nova, I can't without you." He sobbed one last time before it fell silent again."Maddy!" someone yelled out the window outside.Maddy quickly ran to the open window and yelled back."I can't come right now!"The people outside sighed extra loudly."No, Maddy, it's fine, I'll manage, it's not that dramatic." I reassured her.I didn't mean to stop her from doing anything just because I'm such a fucking naive idiot."Really?" Her eyebrows rose sternly and with concern.,,Clear. Go now." I smiled just before she climbed through the window and the darkness swallowed her.My gaze automatically wandered to the door.What the hell was wrong with that guy?And why does it feel like I've lost a part of my life?Maybe I even have it?I slowly got up from my bed and went to the door.With my back to the door, I slid down to the floor and rested my head against the door."Nova..." said a voice from the other side of the door.Goosebumps formed all over my body.I recognized his voice."Destroy me 'til I die, but please, please don't let me die without you." He paused and I heard his hand slide down the door."You are the most beautiful person that has ever been in my life, never forget it." His voice was now only an audible whisper."I love you, Nova Cortés. More than my whole life." was his last sentence before he sighed and fell silent.My eyes eased and formed tears that spilled down my cheeks and onto my pants.I grabbed my palm on the door and my forehead beside it as well.

I love you too, Jayce.