9

We all walked out of the gym, heading to the two cars. Jeongin and Beomgyu decided to ride with Bangchan, leaving just me and Hyunjin.

It was awkward for a few minutes, until Hyunjin last second changed his mind about something and turned.

"Why didn't we go the same way as them?"

"I don't want to lead that car right back to the house.. I think we should go another way home just in case that's a different person." He explained, making sense.

He's just looking out for me..

If this guy is even after me.

"Hyunjin?"

"Hmm?" He hummed, stopping at the red light and looking my direction. I took a deep breath, picking at my nails. "You cut Jeongin off on purpose.. is there something I don't know about?"

His smile fell. So I was right.

"We only started seeing this guy since you arrived.. Jisung and I only saw him after leaving dinner the first night you arrived. This car was in the parking lot of the school and followed us for ten minutes and even followed us around a neighborhood twice. If you get home and Bangchan and them don't see him..."

"So he is after me.. but why? Why is this creepy old man following me around for?!?" I frustratingly yelled, slamming my fists onto my thighs.

I yelped in pain. I had forgotten about the three deep wounds on my thigh from just two nights ago.

"What? What's wrong? Are you alright?"

Shit.. now how am I going to play this one off?

"I'm okay.. I just forget my own strength sometimes.. I must already have a bruise on my leg haha."

He wasn't convinced.

We pulled into the neighborhood as the anxiety began. I looked all around as we pulled into the driveway next to Bangchans car.

"I'm.. scared." I admitted.

I hated being vulnerable, yet I couldn't help but hold back tears as I thought about the situation. Not much scared me in my lifetime, but now I'm running with my tail behind my legs..

What does this guy want? Why me?

"It's okay to be scared. This is a serious situation but that just means we are even more serious about keeping you safe. Just trust us, yeah?" He smiled sweetly, tilting his head.

I nodded. Once again he got out and ran to my side, opening the door and helping me out. He walked next to me with a hand on my back, making sure I went inside first.

Shit that's a lot of people..

Hyunjin chuckled as he saw me freeze, holding my shoulders and standing right behind me. "Don't feel the need to hang out with the chaotic group.. we are a lot to handle sometimes so they won't take it personally. That one you don't know with the sharp chin is Changbin. The last of our group."

I nodded, silently thanking him without looking back, just knowing I was blushing.

"Yuri your back! How was school?" Jisung sprung from his seat, hugging me. I giggled and hugged him back. "My day was fine. How about you?"

"Well Chan and Changbin were bullying me all day!" The boy complained, bringing a bright smile to my face. He looked from Hyunjin back to me, his eyebrows furrowing.

"Do y'all like each other or something?"

My eyes widened and my whole body began to sweat, feeling embarrassed in front of the whole group.

"Nah but those two would be adorable together!" Felix fan boys, as Changbin, Seungmin, and Jeongin all agreed.

"Guys guys chill out. We are just friends, nothing special. Don't push it." Hyunjin cut it off, giving my shoulders a small squeeze before moving to go sit on the couch.

Jisung slightly frowned, nudging my arm. "You alright?"

"Y-yeah.. I just want to be alone. Can you come with me?"

He made a goofy face. "So let me get this straight, you want to be alone, but you want me to go with you?"

I smacked his arm playfully. "Yah stop reading so much into it! I just don't wanna be alone." I pouted, crossing my arms across my chest.

"You're right you're right, I'm sorry. Yeah let's go." He cooed at my cuteness, pretending to pinch my cheeks until I slapped his arms away.

"Changbin-ah, it's nice to meet the last friend of the group." I greeted, looking over to my brother.

Why is he always so grumpy?

After a small glare I turned around and walked to my room, being followed by the boy.

I quickly changed in the bathroom before walking back into my room in sweats and a hoodie. The squirrel-like boy patted the bed, motioning for me to sit down.

I did as asked, waiting for him to speak. "What's wrong?"

I froze, not expecting such words.

"I may have only known you for three days, but Minho has talked about you for years.. when something's bothering you, you isolate yourself. Talk to me."

I scoffed. "You guys all say Minho loves me so much and talks about me so much, yet all he can do is treat me like I'm a freeloader in his home. Even when I arrived after our mothers funeral.."

I began to feel tears well up in my eyes, and I knew this time there was just no stopping them. "Our mom was a horrible horrible person after father died.. so I understand why he didn't go. But even with all of t-the drugs and abuse I g-got from her, she still tried to b-be there for u-us! She s-still found w-ways to f-feed me, even i-if it was to s-steal it!" I sobbed, feeling Jisung pull me into his arms.

"Then after a f-four our car ride with our a-aunt who l-literally tried leaving m-me on the street, I show up here and all he can do is m-make snarky comments and n-not even r-respect my n-name change. A-a-and now I'm l-living in f-fear b-because s-some o-old creep is s-stalking me!"

He held me close, letting me soak his shirt with my tears and snot. I rested my forehead on his shoulder, letting go of the strong wall that held me together.

I don't wanna feel anything anymore.