"How'd you do it?" I ask.

He smiles before turning my way. "Well, if you decide to be nice to girls and not try to get in their pants all the time, things happen."

"Okay, I don't try to get into every girls' pants." I clarify.

"You act like you do." he says sarcastically.

"Acting and doing are two different things, Ty. Just because I act like it doesn't mean I do it all the time." I try to explain my side.

He gives me a smug look and nods. "Anyways, she's probably who I'm going with to answer your question." he goes back on topic.

"Wow. Look at little Ty. Talking his way into the senior prom." Elliot laughed and wrapped his arm around Tyler's shoulder.

"Shut up." he rolls his eyes and shrugs Elliot's arm off.

I laugh before I hear a certain voice call out my sister's name.

"Rosalie!"

I turn around and see my sister scrambling towards the three of us as Emery chases after her. Giggling, Ro sprints towards me with her arms out.

"Jack! Jack!" Ro screams as I pick her up.

She clings onto my shirt and laughs her little heart out. Em jogs to us and lets out a breath as she comes to a stop.

I can already see the reason Ro was being chased. From Em's messed up hair and the sand falling out of it as she shakes her head, I guess Ro thought it would be a good idea to throw sand.

I hold out my hand and give her a high five. "Good job." I praised her actions.

Emery threw me a glare and I returned it with a smile.

Ro pulled away from my shoulder, "Mommy said dinner is ready." she smiled.

"Ok. Tell her we'll be right there." I kissed her forehead before handing her to Tyler, who willingly took her with open arms.

The two of them and El walked ahead and I purposely stayed behind, for obvious reasons.

Emery let her head drop again as her fingers combed through her hair, trying to shake out the sand.

"Good job, really?" she says, flipping her hair back over.

"What?" I shrug. "I had to. She's just like me." I smile.

She rolls her eyes and starts walking ahead of me. I can tell by her quickened pace that she doesn't want to talk to me, but I beg to differ.

"Oh c'mon, it's funny." I say, catching up to her.

"No. It's not. I'm only letting it slide because it's Rosalie." she mutters.

"So if I were to do it..." I mention.

"If you did it I would kill you." she says.

"Guess I'm a dead man then." I laugh.

"What-"

Her response was cut short the moment my hand landed on her head, but her reaction was priceless.

"Jackson!" she yelled, ripping her head away and shaking her hair out for the millionth time. "I swear, you are the worst!"

She looks up at me and I watch her lips curl into a frown. If looks could kill, it'd kill everyone but me. Because she's glared at me too many times and I'm still standing.

"You. Are. The. Worst." she repeats word for word as she shoves me back.

I do the only thing I ever do when she gets mad. I smile and laugh.

"It's not funny Jackson." she complains. "If you're trying to make me think your not a fucking asshole, then your not succeeding."

"Who said I wasn't trying to be an asshole?" I ask her. "I'll be an asshole now and not an asshole later."

Her eyes narrow and her frown only deepens. "God, you are such a waste of time Jackson." she groans and walks up the beach.

I follow her and notice the others are long gone, probably already back at my house.

"How so?" I question.

She stops in her tracks and turns to me. "Because. Everything you fucking do wastes my time!"

I watch the glint in her eyes change and I know she's about to go on a whole rant about how I'm annoying, how I'm such an asshole-blah, blah, blah.

And I'm partially right, except for the fact that she continues to talk about how I waste her time.

"Everything that comes out of your mouth wastes my time."

I watch her mouth move but the words don't make it to my ears. I only pick up on a few more comments like,

"Anything that has to do with you wastes my time. The bickering. Everything."

That one even I can admit was a little unnerving. Nevertheless, I let it go.

"I don't like you."

That was a common response from her. She always tells me how much she doesn't like me and never fails to let me know that.

But I'm not even sure I care about her insults. I'm more focused on her eyes. She's saying all these things about me yet, she's failed to even look at me.

Despite a few glances, her eyes haven't been on mine for more than a second. Now that I've noticed it, I start to think back to the other times she's blown up in my face.

And I can't remember one time where she glared directly at me.

Weird, but helpful.

And here she is again. Her eyes are on the sand, then past my shoulder, a split second on my eyes, and then somewhere else again.

She can't look me directly in the eyes.

Good to know.

"And you are just god awful annoying Jackson. I could kill you."

This snaps me out of my close examination and back to her in general. Her brows were furrowed, nostrils flared, arms crossed, and face reddened.

She was fired up.

"Well obviously I'm not annoying enough to kill Em." I finally say something back to her.

"And how are you not?" she snaps.

"Because if I was..." I put my arm around her shoulder and made her walk with me. "I would've been dead by now and you would've been dying of boredom without me."

A scoff flies out of her mouth. "I think I would be relieved actually."

"No you wouldn't. You'd eventually need me back in your life." I grin.

We walk past the opening in the bushes and I can hear the muffled voices ahead.

"I don't need you." she shoves me away with a groan.

I laugh and watch her walk away. Somehow I find myself smiling.

Because that entire time she still hasn't looked me in the eyes. She may not know it yet, but she's giving me a lot of good information.

And I'm slowly starting to figure her out.

Uh oh Em...he's already figuring you out.

How'd you like his POV?

Thoughts??