Working past hours

Jade

I still don't understand why i got detention, i mean i understand she punished Xander but why punish me and Av?

"Hey, don't worry" - Xander nudges my shoulder.

"One detention" - he holds up one finger as if i don't know what the number one looks like.

"Won't ruin anything for you anyway"-he pokes my nose.

"Hey!" - i push him.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Alright calm down, Cat Valentine" - he makes me laugh. Yet again. Like always.

We are walking towards the detention room, James is nowhere to be found. Apparently he left class before it ended but i didn't see him at all.

Despite the bad feeling that something bad has happened to him i try to not look worried.

I sigh heavily and fix my hair.

We enter the classroom and i see that James is sitting at one of the desks, but not on his usual window seat.

"What the hell dude?" - i ask him.

"You just disappeared and didn't tell us anything!"

"Aww, were you worried about me?" - James makes a pout face, grinning.

"That's really clever and funny James, there really is no limit to you're wit" - i answer sarcastically and annoyed.

"I know, right?" - he smirks as if he won this game.

"Alright students you're going to be here for a long time so i suggest you sit down at you're assigned seats"- Ms. Susan walks in like she owns the place.

"Miss come on can't we sit where we want to at least in detention?" - i ask, with pleading in my eyes.

She looks at me for a moment and i actually think she'll let us but then she shakes her head and lets a quiet whisper.

"No, no you can't" - it's official. Im going to kill this bitch.

I sigh and sit at my seat next to James.
I notice that he's not sitting in the window seat.

"Hey what happened, why aren't you sitting near the window?"

"Oh my god, did you see you're own reflection in the window and got scared?" - i make a shocked face and chuckle at him. I'm trying to cheer him up. Something's off with him today.

"Yeah, that's exactly why" - he rolls his eyes.

I don't say anything and turn to the window.

After a few minutes i feel a tap on my shoulder.

"Hey im sorry for snapping at you im just - j-a bit off today" - he fixes his round glasses on his nose which gives me a second to admire his beautiful brown eyes. Beautiful brown eyes? What the hell Jade? What are you thinking?

"It's fine really, it's payback for how many times i snap at you" - i laugh.
Stop laughing. Why the hell are you laughing. It's not fine! It's not fine at all!