*fifteen* Forget About Him

Lucis jolted awake to find Eric already pushing the stuff off of them.

"How long was I out this time?" He asked.

"30 minutes." Eric said, pushing the final things away. "The thing passed by twice while you were out."

"Twice?" Lucis demanded, eyes wide.

"Yeah." Eric nodded. "I've decided not to check on it until I'm sure it's far away. Lucis nodded and clambered out of the hole. He stretched.

"What now?" He asked. "We can't go outside because of the thing." Eric shrugged. The both looked around the house for something to occupy them. "Do you know if there are any games in here?" Eric asked.

"Wouldn't hurt to check." Lucis said. They both stepped forward.

**

January 15, 1991 4:30

"Time?"

"4:30."

"Date and year?"

"January 15th 1991."

"Good, start the machine now."

"Yes sir."

People ran around, yelling out numbers and words and soon the sound of a machine joined the fray of sound.

"SILENCE!"

Everyone shut up. Now, the only sound was the machine. All eyes were fixed on it.

Boom.

**

It had been 3 ½ hours and the thing was definitely gone. Eric and Lucis stepped outside. It was gone. They looked in all directions. It was gone. Then it was upon them. The dust storm lifted them up off their feet and high into the sky. There were objects flying around in the dust, some of them hit Lucis and Eric. They both began to move quickly around the thing in the center. Lucis began to get dizzy. He could only get glimpses of his friend who was whirling in front of him. Lucis felt like he was going to puke. But just when he felt on the edge, Lucis and Eric were suddenly spat into the center. Right into a trap.

"Two?" A strangely familiar voice asked. "I thought there'd be one."

"Maybe one of our men got to them." Another strangely familiar voice said.

"Probably." The first voice said. "Then if that's the case let them go."

"Let them go? What are you talking about? We've passed through this neighborhood five times!" The second voice argued. There was a sigh.

"If one of our men has them, we don't need to do this." The first voice said, surprisingly calm.

"But we already have them!"

"Just do it. I don't want to come back here again."

"Yes sir."

The two survivors were sucked back into the cyclone of dust. Soon they were spat back onto the concrete. From high up. There was a sickening crack as Lucis hit the ground. He had broken his wrist. The dust cloud retreated into the distance with lightning speed. Lucis' eyes were scrunched closed in pain. Eric helped him up and back into the house. Lucis almost stepped into the traps.

**

Soon Lucis was in a cast, well, a makeshift cast. Thankfully it was his left hand which was his non dominant hand. Now he could just attack with a sword or ax or something. Fingers, clutching an ax. A bloody, double bladed ax. Lucis dropped the ax in his hand. A sword then. He thought, turning to a nearby rusty sword. I'll have to work on this one but it'll work. He lifted it up. Let's get to work. Lucis jumped into action.

Nighttime. Lucis shivered outside. Eric had made him bring a blanket and a sweatshirt but it wasn't enough. The cold wind penetrated every part of Lucis' body. Well, at least it kept him awake. He shivered again, eyes wide and non broken hand gripping the no longer rusted sword. He shivered again, teeth chattering against the cold. He'd be happy tomorrow night to be inside. He looked around, eyes slowly adjusting to the dark. Then he saw the figure across the street a couple houses away. He jumped back, raising his sword. The darkened figure didn't move. Its head was tilted and its hair was messy. As Lucis' eyes adjusted to the dark he saw it was a human. But not just any human.

"No-" He gasped. "No- it's not possible-"

"It's totally possible..."

The person's lips didn't seem to move as the all too familiar voice drifted across the street.

"I trusted you..." The voice whispered. "I stood by you when he didn't..." Lucis shivered at the word 'he'.

"You're not real." Lucis said firmly, the only shake in his voice caused by the cold.

"You don't believe I'm real...? That hurts Lucis... I thought I was your friend..."

Lucis turned and ran. But he found he wasn't going anywhere. He couldn't move his legs. He wanted to run, but they were frozen solid by the cold.

"ERIC!" Lucis yelled, scream piercing the air.

"So you'd choose the newbie over me?" The voice wasn't a whisper. Lucis looked back. Even in the darkness he could see the pain in the figures' eyes.

"I'm sorry." Lucis said, no longer quacking from the cold. "But I don't know you anymore." The door banged open. There was a yell and Lucis saw the figure turn and run. He turned to the door to see Eric running up to him.

"Who was that?" He asked, eyes fixed on the spot where the figure had been.

"It was him Eric." Lucis said. "He's back."