Ḣ𝖎ǥჩ 𝕊𝘵ᵣሀ𝘯ǥ 𝕊𝓮𝖺ຣ ━ ⵇ𝒅ѡ𝓪ꞅ𝒅 ᚕ Ꮢ𝟈𝓪𝒅𝟈ꞅ

Start from the beginning

Fuck.

Had they actually seen it?

That he's in love with them?

To be fair, Y/N was a very perceptive person and they knew when someone lied. No weaseling his way out of this one. Unless he could go to the cabin for some rest. Then he realized he and Y/N essentially shared the cabin, but it was split in half for their respective sides of the cabin. "You know what?" he says. "I feel really tired, I'm going to go get some sleep." Hopefully, Y/N believed him, because they would annoy him until he actually told them that he loved them.

Your POV

You watch as Edward walks to the cabin, under the pretense that he needed sleep. You knew that was bullshit, though. You saw right through his lies. A bit hard to believe he was actually in love with you though, but that's what the signs pointed to.

You had never told anybody, but you had been in love with Edward for about a year. He fortunately never noticed the signs, but maybe that was you being really good at faking things. You had initially given up on him a few months ago, but seeing the possibility of your feelings being reciprocated by him rekindled the love you had for him.

"Thinking about something?" the quartermaster, Adéwalé, asked.

"Yes Adé," you say, looking down at the water.

"Still thinking about Edward?"

You choke on air, causing you to nearly fall off the ship. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Adéwalé had been one of your closest friends from the beginning, and the only person you had told about your crush on Edward. "I know you're lying," he says. "Your face looks crimson."

You look at your reflection in the water, seeing a shade of bright crimson on your face. "Fuck you," you say jokingly.

"Y/N, why don't you just tell him already?" Adé asks. "I've been at his side and heard so much from him when he's drunk, you wouldn't believe half the stuff that comes out of his mouth."

"Oh?" you say, your interest piqued. "Do tell."

"Nearly everything our dear captain says is about you when he's talking with me or when he's drunk." he says.

"Maybe I should test this theory out. Thanks Adé." you reply.

Timeskip, Your POV

You sit on your bed in your half of the captain's cabin, within earshot of Edward and his snoring. "Edward," you say over his snoring, a bit annoyed at the snoring. "Get your arse up."

You hear him wake up on the other side of the wall that divided the captain's cabin. "What is it, love?"

You feel your face heat up for what seems to be the millionth time today and say, "I have a crate of Cuban rum. We can share it if you want."

"Rum?" he asks. "You said you didn't have any rum!"

"Well, I was saving it," you say. "Want a drink?"

Edward practically scrambles to the door in the wall that divided the cabin and barged into your half of it. You take a bottle of rum and hand it to him before getting your own bottle and raising it skyward, then you drink it. 

"So Edward," you say while watching him slowly drink his rum, savoring it. "Are you actually in love with anyone?"

Edward's POV

"Are you actually in love with anyone?"

He nearly spits out his rum. Y/N was cutting straight to the chase. "Do I have to answer truthfully?" he asks.

"What do you think?" they ask.

"...Yes."

"Okay, so who?"

"They're Y/H (your height), courageous, high strung, have E/C eyes that look like they could rival the most beautiful angel, H/L H/C hair that looks like a fluffy cloud, beautiful S/C skin, the first mate of my ship...All in all, you, Y/N." he replies, feeling his face heat up.

They stop drinking their rum and look at him. They hold his gaze for a few moments without saying a word.

"Y/N if you don't like me back, I get it."

Your POV

"Y/N if you don't like me back, I get it."

You chuckle and say, "I actually do like you back. I was just waiting for you to admit you liked me."

Edward's face turns crimson and he asks, "You knew this whole time?"

"Yes," you reply. "You aren't that good at hiding stuff from me, you know."

A few minutes of silence go by between you and Edward.

He breaks the silence by asking, "Can I kiss you..?"

"Go ahead," you say.

Let's just say that you two had an exciting night...

ღ➳☁⌘☁➳ღ

Me: Holy shit I finished this in a day-

Edward: Ash come on, why didn't you tell the reader what actually happened instead of that vague description?

Me: Bro, it was around 1300 words already, did you seriously expect me to write another few hundred words of smut?

Connor: What's smut?

Me and Edward: NOTHING-

Leonardo: Come on guys, he should know-

Me: LEO NO HE'S TOO INNOCENT-

Ezio: I agree with Leo he's like 19 or 20 come on-

Me: *sighs* Fine. But if he's traumatized it's your fault Ezio and Leo.

Me: Connor sit down.

The ensuing talk led to a mental breakdown from Connor, Haytham yelling at Ezio and Leonardo, more crying from Connor and the Frye twins comforting him while I throw wooden spoons at Ezio and Leonardo.