Chapter 25 - Mr. And Mrs. Aadeel

Start from the beginning

'Alhaji, don't you think it's too early? I mean he just got discharged yesterday and you know the doctor warned that nothing should disturb his peace of mind'.

'I don't think marrying Husna will cause him unrest'. He argued.

'But Naeem made it clear times without numbers that he wasn't interested in her'.

'That was in the past, but the situation has changed now. The lady he felt he was in love with is already married to his best friend, he has to move on. I am just doing what I feel is best for our son'.

'But please give him time to heal, pain demands to be felt. We can't pretend everything is alright knowing fully well he is hurting'. Hajiya Saudah insisted.

'So what? Are we supposed to fold our arms and watch him wallow in self - pity? What if he plunges into severe depression? And we know fully well Husna has loved him for years and she has been the best choice for him, he just doesn't know that yet'.

'But….'

'I agree to marry Husnah'. Naeem who had been by the door listening to his parents' argument blinked back his tears. 'You can go ahead with the proposal Abba'. He faked a  smile.

'Are you sure Naeem? Please think about it, there's no need to rush' Hajiya Saudah tried to talk him out of his decision.

'I'm certain Umma. I am ready to marry her'. He assured them. 'I just hope she hasn't changed her mind about me, I really mistreated her'. He thought to himself.

'May it be for the best'. She prayed.

'Aamiin Umma. Thank you'.

'So it's settled. I'll talk to her father tomorrow In Shaa Allah'. Alhaji Zayyan was excited.

'Thank Abba'. Naeem only wanted to please his parents. He wasn't sure how he felt about Husnah, but one thing was certain, he wasn't in love with her.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Alhaji Ahmad's Residence - 21st January 2021

Alhaji Ahmad, Aadeel's father is a renowned businessman in Kaduna State, 3rd to Alhaji El-Muneer. He has been married to Hajiya Batool for over 40 years. They were blessed with 4 children but 2 died in a car crash 2 decades ago, on their way to Bauchi to visit their grandparents.. The twins (Aadeel and Adila) were supposed to go along on the trip with their siblings and cousins but Aadeel woke up sick and kept crying till Adila agreed to stay home with him.

Aadeel and his parents were in the family living room talking after breakfast. It was a Saturday.

'It's been about 10 days since your marriage was solemnised and you are yet to visit Shazia'. Alhaji Ahmad reprimanded. Aadeel looked down, scratching the back of his head. 'Get ready! We are going to Alhaji El-Muneer's house immediately after Asr Prayer. But you know your uncle is out of town, so only the two of us are going. We leave at 4pm God willing. I'll call and inform El-Muneer so your wife will be informed'. Alhaji Ahmad concluded without waiting for his response.

'Okay Daddy'. He replied eagerly, unable to contain his excitement. At first his parents were scared that he would not be happy with the union but being the kind of son he was, he'll pretend to be happy so he doesn't hurt them. But he proved them wrong, he was genuinely happy!

'Hajiya, see these children of nowadays, so this boy has just been waiting for me to tell him we were going'. He said, laughing.

'You know he is a very shy boy, Alhaji. I know he has been waiting since the day of the solemnization'. Hajiya Batool responded.