Sera raised an eyebrow and pursed his lips.

"Tainted—I mean, such as demonic possessions. Things of that nature."

"Ah."

"I fear we are wasting time," Fate snipped then. "Have you prepared whatever you may be in need of?"

"Yes. So, once we arrive, would you like to explain to our lovely guests what's happening," Sera asked, "or should I?"

Fate stood a little straighter, bowing his head briefly. "I shall."

"Fine. Let's go."

Fate took Sera's hand, who took Rosalyn's, who took Jeanette's, and they all disappeared.

Sires, Marcus, Zoë, Hakan, Vince, Raven, and Sapphire didn't notice when four more people were suddenly in the underground chamber. Marcus was currently clinging to the ceiling, claws dug deep into the earth. Sires was standing below him, looking up at him like he was crazy. Sapphire, Zoë, and Raven were grouped together, watching the scene play out. Hakan and Vince stood off to the side awkwardly, Hakan filling in Vincent on the tarot reading from the morning.

"I'm telling you," Sires was saying, "you won't be able to dig out of here."

Marcus looked over his shoulder and glared.

"Well, creepy man covered in blood," Marcus spat back angrily, "I don't hear you giving any suggestions for how to get out of here!"

Sires looked indignant. "For the last time, my name is Sires. And I'm no longer covered in blood. Are you blind?"

"He was covered in blood?" Sapphire squeaked.

Zoë gagged. "Don't remind me."

Sapphire was gawking at Sires, fear etched onto her face. "Why...were you... covered in blood?"

Sires turned to her. "I just killed someone."

Sapphire nodded, eyes bulging. "O-oh."

Marcus dropped down, landing on his feet. Sapphire scurried back. Brushing off his hands, he walked over to Sires. "And why did you kill someone?"

Sires glared. "Why should I tell you?"

Marcus held up his hands and backed away. "Yeesh. Never mind." When he accidentally bumped into Raven, he jumped, yet tried to play it off cool. "Tsch. This guy. Right?"

Raven looked perplexed.

"Well," Sera said, taking a step forward as he clapped once. Everyone turned to look at him. Sires immediately went into a defensive stance with his sword. "I am so happy you're all getting along."

Sires glared. Sera merely looked amused. Then, he turned to Marcus. "This man is right though. You'd be digging for a very, very long time before you got out of here."

"Um, excuse me," Zoë said tentatively. Everyone looked at her, and she shrank back. "Where are we?"

"Fate, you're up," Sera said, stepping off to the side.

"Wait," Zoë said immediately. "I'm sorry—did you say fate?"

Fate removed his hood. As he did, the entire set of robes vanished, revealing his green outfit and unusual hair beneath.

He turned to the room. "First of all, I would like to offer my deepest and sincerest apologizes for involving each one of you. Ideally, we would not be in the situation we are in. However, the fact of the matter is we—the world—are in dire straights."

Everyone looked at each other, various degrees of unease passing over their faces.

"For the majority that do not know who I am, I am known as Fate. We stand here at the very boarder of the Underworld." Fate pointed. "Beyond that wall lays the River Styx, the gateway which leads to the various Ever Realms—Heaven and Hell, Valhalla, Paradise, Nirvana, what have you.