17

Marianna couldn't help herself, she too wrapped her arms around Oliver. The embrace between the three friends was long overdue. They were finally together again on a level they never assumed possible.

Oliver was the first to pull away, wiping his face dry with his sleeves.
"Thank you."

"Oliver, I'm sorry you ever thought you couldn't tell me. I hope I never said anything or made it seem as if-"

"No Perce, you're an amazing friend. I couldn't even admit it to myself until I told Marianna... and to be honest, I think I was still a little ashamed." Oliver admitted.

Percy turned towards Marianna.
"You knew? And I said all those things about you two being- Merlin I'm so sorry, to both of you."

Marianna chuckled.
"It's okay Percy, I forgive you."

"That uh reminds me, I should probably speak to my parents." Oliver noted.

"Yeah they were pretty surprised, not angry though." Percy explained while Oliver opened the door to leave.

"Thanks Percy, I'll see you guys out there?" Oliver asked.

"Yeah, in a minute. I need to talk to Marie." Percy said.

Oliver nodded with a smile before shutting the door behind him. Marianna looked towards Percy with a smile.

"What?" The red head questioned.

"Nothing, it's just... you started calling me Marie again. Well technically you started that night we- well you get the idea." Marianna explained.

"Thats what I wanted to talk to you about actually." Percy admitted as he nervously rubbed the back of his neck.

"Wait!" Marianna exclaimed before running out of the room.

Percy stood their confused for a few moments but Marianna appeared just as quickly as she disappeared. She was out of breath with a wrapped gift in her hands.

"But I wanted to-"

"Perce, can you just open mine first.... Please?" She begged with puppy dog eyes that he just couldn't resist.

"Fine." He chuckled as he took her gift in his hands and sat on his bad, Marianna taking the seat next to him with a nervous yet excited grin.

Percy carefully unwrapped the gift, noting the intricate wrapping job she achieved. Marianna giggled at the fact that Percy was one of those people that didn't rip the paper when undoing a present.

"Is this-"

"The book you attempted to help me get? Yeah. Sorry about that." Marianna chuckled nervously.

"Ins and Outs of the British Ministry of Magic?" Percy asked as he read the title of the book.

Marianna scooted closer to him.
"Yeah, I thought it would be only right. I was wrong all that time ago, not you. I should have known you weren't only mates with me for my status, and if that's what you want for your future then I shouldn't stop you. If anything I should help you." Marianna explained.

She opened the book showing Percy all the notes she made.
"I wrote some tips and some names of people I trust in the Ministry right now, people that can help you when you-"

As if Marianna hadn't gotten enough hugging from Percy today, the red head pulled her into a bone crushing hug and he hurried his face in her hair. A bright smile spread on both of their faces.

"Thank you Marie, thank you so much."

"It was nothing, really." She admitted.

Percy cringed as he got up and grabbed his own gift, placing it in her lap and taking a seat once again.
"Well now I feel silly, because my gift isn't as good."

"I'm sure that's not true." Marianna smiled.

She unwrapped his gift, less carefully than he had but he didn't mind. Inside was a large soft and familiar looking jumper, but this one had a large 'M' on the front.

"I asked mum to make it, I feel sorta guilty because she was actually already halfway done with it when I asked her. She told me I should give it to you anyway."

Marianna held up the top, appreciating the color being Ravenclaw blue and the M being specially made for her. Tears settled onto the fabric as she buried her face in it, attempting to hide her sobs.

"Oh no, is it the wrong color? What did I do this time?" Percy questioned.

"No, no it's perfect. I'm just so thankful, and honestly unbelievably lucky." The Ravenclaw witch admitted.

"I mean, the jumper itself isn't special, but it means you're apart of our family." Percy explained.

"Thank you Perce, I really feel like I don't deserve this." Marianna admitted.

Percy moved closer to the girl, their legs pressing against eachother. He took her hands in his, looking directly into her eyes.
"You do though, you're amazing Marianna. Your family doesn't deserve you. I'm so thankful to have you in my life and I- I-"

Marianna furrowed her brows at the stuttering boy.

"Here, this'll explain it better than I can." Percy said as he handed Marianna a note.

She gave him one last confused glance before opening the note.

Marie,

I know I should apologize to your face but you know how bad I am at words. To be honest this is my 16th time writing this note.

I shouldn't have done what I did that night, but not because I didn't want to, but because you deserved better.

I've known you for so long yet I never even fathomed the idea of being able to kiss you and yet it's all I can think about this passed week.

If you don't feel the same it's completely fine but I just wanted you to know that I've fallen completely in love with you. Just having you in my life again is enough but I still needed you to know the truth.

My sincerest apologies,

Percy Weasley.

Marianna looked up from the note. Percy looked back at her with nervous eyes, not knowing how she'd react. If you listened hard enough you'd hear both of their heartbeats pounding against their chests.

"You.... Love me?" She asked.

"I do, I love you Marianna Fudge. That feels so good to say outloud." Percy chuckled.

Marianna giggled, stray tears rolling down her cheeks.

"And you?"

"Yes, yes Percy! Of course I love you. I've loved you since second year." Marianna admitted.

"Really?" Percy asked, a pure sense of joy washing over him.

Marianna nodded, still grinning like an idiot.

"I'd really like to kiss you right now." Percy admitted.

"Well then do it." Marianna ordered.

Percy didn't take any more time before crashing his lips onto hers. His hands tangled in her hair while hers cupped his face. It felt like the world melted around them and it was only them in this moment.

Marianna felt as if she could stay in this moment but unfortunately for the both of them, they required air.

"Well that was-"

"Amazing." Marianna said, completing his sentence.

Everything was right in the world, finally.