2

Ginny skipped down the stairs mid morning, she looked as if she had just woken up.

"Mum, can I use Charlie's old broom?"

"Of course dear it's in the- Ginerva Weasley, take your bum back up those steps and make yourself presentable!" Molly exclaimed after seeing what state her daughter was in.

"Why?! The wind will just mess up my hair again anyway, and then i'll need to shower after too." Ginny groaned.

"Hello Ginny." Marianna greeted with a friendly wave.

"Marie!" Ginny exclaimed, running towards the witch and pulling her into a tight hug.

Marianna giggled, almost falling backwards from the force of the small Gryffindor. Marianna hadn't talked to the witch much after Percy and her stopped being friends. She'd be lying if she said she didn't miss her.

"What are you doing here? Did you and Percy makeup?" Ginny asked.

"Makeup?" Molly questioned, accidentally overhearing the conversation.

Ginny cringed knowing she shouldn't have asked such a thing in front of her mother. To Molly Weasley, Percy could truly do no wrong. Persuading her that he was truly at fault for the two not being friends would be tricky. But Marianna didn't want that, no one had to know what really happened.

"There's really nothing to makeup for, we just grew apart. It happens." Marianna quickly noted, causing Molly to relax her shoulders a little.

"Oh yeah, of course." Ginny nodded, secretly thankful Marianna was able to fix the situation so gracefully.

Marianna looked Ginny up and down. She really was a mess. Her pajamas were stained and her hair was looking more like a birds nest than the pretty orange strands she was used to seeing. Marianna knew Ginny didn't care much for appearances and that was okay in her eyes, though she did think she needed to at least take care of herself.

"Hey Ginny, I'd love to play a game of quidditch with you."

Ginny couldn't contain her excitement. They struck up a deal, while Marianna was done helping Molly with sandwiches Ginny would clean up herself and her room (Marianna would be sharing her room over holiday) and by the time they were both done, they could play a game after lunch.

"I've got it from here sweetie, why don't you run along upstairs and spend some time with Percy and Oliver." Molly asked.

"Oh, I don't want to intrude." Marianna felt slightly awkward. Though she'd choose a slightly awkward situation here and there over spending another holiday alone.

Molly finally persuaded Marianna to leave the rest of the lunch preparations to to herself. As the young witch walked up the steps towards Percy's room she couldn't help appreciate the decor of the home. It felt so warm, it truly was a house full of love. Walls lined with family photos, tables and chairs covered in handmade gifts and trinkets.

It was something out of a fairytale for Marianna. Something she wasn't used to.

She hesitated when she reached Percy's door, hovering her knuckles over the wood before finally building up enough confidence to lightly knock.

"Who is it?"

Marianna rolled her eyes. He knew it was her, she guessed the twins would never knock, Ginny and Ron probably knocked too loud.

"It's Mcgonagall, who do you think it is?" She huffed, crossing her arms once again.

Oliver finally opened the door, inviting the witch in. Her eyes immediately locked on Percy whom sat at his desk with his back turned towards her. The room was clean, almost too clean. It was a stark contrast to the rest of the home yet it still had little touches of the Weasley warmth here and there. It was definitely more comforting than her own room.

Her favorite part wasn't the shelves and shelves of books that lined his walls, though she did feel some jealousy looking at them. Her favorite part was the smell.

Parchment, fresh linens, and a hint of caramel.

"Ginny wants to play a game of quidditch, I assumed you'd be interested." Marianna said as she nodded towards Oliver.

Oliver's eyes lit up at the sound of his favorite word.
"Yes of course, are you playing?"

Percy laughed, still not looking towards the two of them. Of course she's good at quidditch.

Oliver attempted to ignore him while Marianna continued to stare at the back of his head while giving him a quizzical look he'd never see.

"Definitely, as long as I'm on the Twin's team. I don't trust them hitting bludgers towards me." She replied.

"Sounds like a deal, hey Marie, I actually wanted to apologize. I shouldn't have stopped talking to you the way I did. You deserved better than that." Oliver explained.

Marianna could tell he was being genuine, she heard the guilt in his voice. She assumed it must have just been easier to just stop speaking to her all together after their awkward moment they shared. Percy and her already weren't on speaking terms at that point.

"That's alright Ollie, water under the bridge." She replied with a smile.

Oliver waited awkwardly for something else to happen, he glanced back at Percy who remained quiet. Oliver backed up a few steps, nudging Percy's side. Marianna watched as the two shared heated whispers, Oliver motioning towards her multiple times. Percy finally let out a long sigh.

He got up from his chair and faced Marianna begrudgingly.

"I'm sorry."

Marianna waited for more but nothing else was said.
"For what?"

"What?" Percy asked.

"You said sorry, what are you sorry for?" She inquired.

"This is what I'm talking about Oliver." Percy huffed.

"I'm only asking what you are sorry for? You can stop acting like I'm being greedy."

"But you are, aren't you? Just a spoiled brat that gets everything she wants. Nothings good enough for you is it?"

"Percy!" Oliver yelled.

"It's fine Ollie, really. Lunch is ready by the way." Marianna noted before she turned on her heels and left the room.

"What the hell man? What's your problem?" Oliver scoffed as he looked wide eyed at Percy.

"My problem?! She's obviously the one with a problem!"

"And how's that? She accepted my apology with no issue!" Oliver pointed out.

Percy rolled his eyes, a dark chuckle escaping his lips.
"That's because she fancies you."

Oliver's face and ears turned a bright red.
"That's not true. Besides, you didn't even give her a proper apology."

"And how am I supposed to apologize when I don't even know why I'm doing it?"

Oliver had to admit, Percy had a point. It was unfair to expect an apology from someone that hadn't known what they had done in the first place. Though he assumed that's most likely why Marianna was mad in the first place.

Besides, he assumed Percy had yet to even ask.

"I guess we'll have to figure that out then." Oliver noted, always ready for a challenge.