14

"Okay you've had enough." Ginny laughed as she pulled the twins towards their room.

"Help! We're being kidnapped!" George and Fred exclaimed.

"That's your sister silly." Marianna giggled.

The twins looked back up towards Ginny.
"Oh yeah, Ginerva!" Fred noted.

"Thanks for saving us Ginny." George said as they pulled her into a hug.

Marianna chuckled at how funny they all were. She was appreciative of moments like this in the Weasley home. She'd never experience anything like this in her manor. The most compassion she gets is from her house elf Trin when she brings Marianna a birthday cupcake every year.

Oliver was fast asleep on her thighs, loudly snoring while Harry and Ron were passed out on the couch across from her. Hermione was also asleep, her head laying gently on Ron's shoulder.

Percy stood up from his spot, stretching his arms out and yawning. Marianna felt her heart flutter looking up at him. He was only wearing a tee now, his jumper discarded sometime during the game. His hair was messy and strands lay handsomely on his forehead.

"Welp, I should probably get him to bed." He said as he motioned towards Oliver.

Marianna shook the dirty thoughts from her mind.
"Oh, yeah of course." She said in a flustered tone. She slipped herself out from underneath Oliver, taking special care to lay his head gently back onto the couch.

Percy wobbled slightly and Marianna had to catch him before he toppled over.
"Woah, sorry." He chuckled in a raspy tipsy voice that sent shivers down her spine.

"How do you hold your alcohol so well?" Percy questioned while holding onto her still, despite not falling over anymore.

"I dunno." She hummed.

Percy squinted at her then looked down at her cup. Marianna saw where his eyes were looking and she attempted to stop him from grabbing it but she was too slow. He held the cup up to his nose and gasped with a wide smile.

"You cheat, this isn't firewhiskey!" He chuckled.

Marianna gave him a guilty smile.
"I may have used Transfiguration to change it to water before we started. I've never had alcohol before." She admitted.

"You've also never had a kiss before either." Percy noted with a grin. The alcohol loosening his tongue.

Marianna looked up at him with a shocked look, red all the way to the tips of her ears.

"You are so cute when you blush, you can't hide it very well." He said as he stepped closer to her.

Marianna covered her face with her hands nervously but Percy gently grabbed her wrists, revealing her face once again.
"Don't ever cover your face Marie, you are so beautiful." He admitted.

"Percy, you're drunk."

"Sober ideas are drunk thoughts, or however that saying goes." Percy replied. Marianna laughed at this, snorting a few times as she did.

Percy smiled warmly at the sight. He once thought Marianna Fudge was unrealistically perfect, too perfect, annoyingly perfect. That wasn't it though. It wasn't that she was perfect, it was that she was perfect to him.

She was awkward, emotional, she snorted when she laughed, and often said the word pacific when she meant to say specific. She was filled with loads of tiny flaws but he loved every single one of them.

Loved.

Percy wanted to deny the feeling. Though it was far too strong to overcome in this moment, he adored this girl, fancied her, he loved her.

Percy cupped her cheek with his hand and she stopped laughing. She seemed surprised at first but then she melted at his touch, leaning into his hand.

"You really are beautiful, you know that?"

"I guess not beautiful enough to kiss." She joked.

"Can I?" He asked.

Marianna's eyes widened.
"W-what?"

"Can I kiss you Marianna Fudge? I really want to kiss you right now." Percy admitted.

Marianna didn't say anything but Percy leaned in regardless. His eyes fluttering shut as he did. Marianna wished for this moment for so long yet when she smelt the firewhiskey on his breath she was pulled from the moment. She backed up abruptly and nervously.

Percy's eyes opened wide as he looked back at her with an ashamed and guilty expression.
"Merlin- Marianna I'm so sorry."

"No it's okay." Marianna attempted to reassure him while shaking her head.

"No, it's really not. I- I shouldn't have done that." Percy hurriedly grabbed Oliver from his spot and ran out of the room leaving Marianna alone with her thoughts.