9

"What do you mean, until that day? I never, not even now, see you as just the Minister's Grandaughter. You were my friend." Percy exclaimed.

"And yet you told Penelope that I was going to get you a job at the ministry." Marianna cried.

Percy was about to argue, but then he remembered that day. How he had boasted to Penelope Clearwater about his dream to rise through the ministry. She had been so impressed, he just couldn't stop himself. He didn't get much praise from his siblings and friends for his ambitions, so it felt good to be cheered for.

And he wouldn't deny he was simply smitten with a pretty girl.

"I- I don't even know why I said that. I actually didn't even remember it till now." Percy admitted.

Marianna wiped some tears of her cheeks and sniffled, pulling Percy from his thoughts. He moved closer to the girl, placing his hands on her shoulders in hopes of comforting her.

"That doesn't mean it wasn't important to you though. I'm so sorry, I completely broke your trust and-"

"Heart." Marianna stated bluntly.

"What?" Percy questioned.

"You also broke my heart." Marianna repeated. She looked up at him, locking eyes to ensure he knew she was serious.

"Wha- you? You fancied me?" Percy questioned.

Marianna nodded.

Percy fell back into a sitting position, running his hands through his hair deep in thought.

"What about Oliver?" Percy questioned.

"What about him?" Marianna felt confused about the question.

"Does he know? Does he know you fancied me back then?"

Marianna contemplated those two words. Back then? Percy still didn't grasp that she still had feeling for him at present moment.
"Of course he knows, it's Oliver. You can't keep secrets from him, it's like he's a mind reader of something."

"Yet he can keep secrets it seems, he is so secretive all the time and now it makes sense." Percy stated.

Marianna was lost on what topic they were on, let alone what Percy was on about.
"What are we talking about again?"

"You and Oliver."

Marianna felt her stomach sink and her face grow a bright red.
"Me-me and Oliver?!? That's ridiculous!"

"Look at how you're acting Marianna, obviously it's not that ridiculous!" Percy said as he motioned towards her.

"That's impossible he-"

"He what?" Percy asked, noticing Marianna abruptly clasp her hand over her mouth.

"Nothing." She mumbled into her hand as she shook her head.

Percy laughed, making Marianna slightly confused but mostly disappointed.
"I think I'll get over my best mates shagging Marianna, as long as you forgive me for being a git to you for all this time?"

"We aren't shagging!" Marianna exclaimed, but Percy was already standing and walking towards the door.

"Yeah yeah, I won't tell anyone don't worry. I'm taking that as you forgive me?" Percy chuckled.

"Oliver and I aren't a thing I swear!" Marianna begged, but Percy wouldn't listen.

"Thanks for forgiving me, bye Marianna." Percy said with a wink before he shut the door behind him.

Marianna couldn't help enjoying him using her first name once again, and how handsome he looked when smiling, laughing, and especially winking at her.

She shook the dirty thoughts from her head, focusing on the real task at hand.

Percy thought she was shagging Oliver and Oliver hadn't admitted to Percy that he was gay yet.

She wondered where that left her as she plopped down on her makshift bed in the floor. She grabbed her pillow and screamed into it. How could things get so much better yet so much more complicated at the same time?