xxvvv. roxanne

"i won't share you with another boy

"i won't share you with another boy..."
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

COLBY DIDN'T WANT to go to Steve's. He could blame it on the fact that he was comfortable in his bed, listening to the faint sound of the Police playing from Jayson's room.

He gazed longingly at the clock. 7:05. He had just finished all of his homework for the night on the off chance he really did want to go over to Steve's. Yet, dread filled him nonetheless. The idea of Tommy and Carol being there could suffocate him to death.

Cassie knocked on his bedroom door. "Hey. Are you still going over to... Steve's house?"

Cassie said Steve's name like the thought made her sick. She shook her head— she knew Steve more than Colby ever had. They'd always been in school together, however they hadn't talked since middle school.

"Yeah." Colby replied under his breath. "Uh, I was just about to leave right now."

Cassie raised a brow curiously, but she left his room wordlessly nonetheless. Groaning to himself, Colby got to his feet, grabbing a sweatshirt out of his drawer and pulling it over his head. He could already imagine the night ahead of him— listening to sex. It made him sick to his stomach.

"Hey, Cass." Colby entered the kitchen, where she was eating some mac and cheese. "I need to borrow your car."

"Use my dad's." said Cassie, nodding her head towards the old garage that Colby had never once gone into. He wondered if any of his dad's stuff was in there. "It's just been sitting in there, you know? I couldn't bring myself to use it because he's just... well, screw him."

"Yeah." agreed Colby, running a hand through his hair. "Well, I'll, uh... see you."

"Have fun. Be safe."

"Yes, Sergeant!" he saluted her jokingly before awkwardly lowering his arm and stumbling out towards the garage.

He flicked a light on, coughing when the dust settled into his lungs. He squinted through the old garage, his eyes immediately landing on the blue car sitting in the center of it. It hadn't been used in years, clearly, but it still seemed to be operational. When Colby peered into the window, he saw that the keys were laying neatly on the driver's seat, as if waiting for him to use them again.

He opened the door, grabbing the keys and sitting in the seat. He sighed, backing out of the driveway and onto the darkened street. He noticed one thing in his time in the garage— there was nothing belonging to his dad. Not one single thing.

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

"Colby!" exclaimed Steve, grabbing the boy by the hood and dragging him into his large house. His parents were rich. It was crazy how lucky Steve was. Colby had always envied him.