v. lets go crazy

"take a look around, at least you got friends

"take a look around, at least you got friends."
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

"WHERE ARE YOU HEADED THIS MORNING?"

Instinctively, Colby turned to Cassie, who was pushing some books in her backpack, yet staring expectantly at Colby. She wasn't ready to leave yet, however, he was already reaching for the doorknob.

"Uh..." Colby pointed his thumb towards the door, "school?"

"Yeah, without me?" Cassie raised a suspicious brow, and Colby sighed.

"Listen, I have to meet up with Nancy and Jonathan," he explained quickly. "Can I please just take my own car today?"

"I guess, yeah." shrugged Cassie casually.

"Oh, and, uh... I'm gonna spend the night at Jaden's house tonight." he added. "Is that cool? We might go see a movie or something-"

Cassie waved a hand at him, as if telling him to go. Colby beamed at her before racing out the door to his car, getting in, and speeding off to Forest Hills Park to meet up with his two friends.

The boy was never one to purposefully miss school. While he didn't necessarily enjoy it (to say the least), he liked to keep his attendance good and his GPA up. Colby was smart— smarter than he often liked to admit, especially when it came to math and science.

It wasn't long before Colby made it to the park, mainly because he didn't live far from it. Jonathan and Nancy had yet to arrive, so he sat in his car for a few minutes, flipping aimlessly through the comic books in his backseat that he'd already read a million times. He hadn't been able to afford any new ones— he had spent his last few dollars on a Walkman.

Jonathan and Nancy, in Jonathan's car, pulled up in the spot right next to Colby's, waving at him. He smiled a little before getting out of his car and greeting them.

"You got your stuff?" asked Jonathan, and Colby motioned to the backpack he was holding in his right hand.

"Alright, come on. Let's go wait on a bench." Nancy tugged on their sleeves, and so they did. Carter put his hands in the pocket of his black Nike sweatshirt, shoving a little when he sat down, as if he were being watched. Something felt unusual about their trip to the park, and by the tense body language of the other two people next to him, he assumed they felt the same. In fact, Colby was sandwiched between them.

Nancy tapped on his shoulder, leaning in so her lips were by his ear, "Is everything in your car out?"

"Everything but my comics." he nodded, his voice quiet as well. "Why?"