"The law's on your side," said Remus quietly. "Even underage wizards are allowed to use magic in life-threatening situations."

"Doesn't it ever lie flat?" Mrs. Weasley said desperately.

Delilah looked up to see Mrs. Weasley was attacking Harry's hair with a wet comb.

Mr. Weasley checked his watch and looked up at Harry.

"I think we'll go now," he said. "We're a bit early, but I think you'll be better off there than hanging around here."

"Okay," said Harry, setting his toast down and getting to his feet.

"You'll be alright, Harry," said Tonks, patting him on the arm.

"Good luck," said Remus. "I'm sure it will be fine."

"And if it's not," said Sirius grimly, "I'll see to Amelia Bones for you...."

Harry smiled weakly. Mrs. Weasley hugged him.

"We've all got our fingers crossed," she said.

"Right," said Harry. "Well... see you later then."

Delilah pulled him into a quick hug.

"You'll be fine," she firmly promised.

Delilah helped Mrs. Weasley prepare breakfast. Everyone sat down and started eating, but Delilah didn't pay attention to the conversation.

They finished eating and continued to clean the dining room, though their efforts were half-heartedly. Finally, Mrs. Weasley left to make lunch, and their efforts stopped altogether.

"What do you think is happening?" Ron asked.

Delilah shrugged.

"They probably are almost done, if they're not already. He'll get off though," Delilah said, more confidently than she felt. The only way the Ministry could accuse him was if they broke their own laws, and Fudge was too proud for that. Hopefully at least.

Hermione nodded.

"The law is on Harry's side, come on. I think lunch is ready."

"I knew it!" yelled Ron, punching the air after Harry arrived. "You always get away with stuff!"

"They were bound to clear you," said Hermione, who had looked positively faint with anxiety when Harry had entered the kitchen and was now holding a shaking hand over her eyes. "There was no case against you, none at all...."

"Everyone seems quite relieved, though, considering they all knew I'd get off," said Harry, smiling.

"Told you so," Delilah said, grinning.

Mrs. Weasley wiped her face on her apron, probably so Harry wouldn't notice her tears, and Fred, George, and Ginny were doing a kind of war dance to a chant that went "He got off, he got off, he got off —"

"That's enough, settle down!" shouted Mr. Weasley, though he too was smiling. "Listen, Sirius, Lucius Malfoy was at the Ministry —"

"What?" said Sirius sharply.

"He got off, he got off, he got off —"

"Be quiet, you three! Yes, we saw him talking to Fudge on level nine, then they went up to Fudge's office together. Dumbledore ought to know."

"Absolutely," said Sirius. "We'll tell him, don't worry."

"Well, I'd better get going, there's a vomiting toilet in Bethnal Green waiting for me. Molly, I'll be late, I'm covering for Tonks, but Kingsley might be dropping in for dinner —"