"Okay."

"I am going to lock your door."

"You do that."

Uncle Vernon glared at them, suspicious at their lack of argument, then stomped out of the room and closed the door behind him. Delilah heard the key turn in the lock and Uncle Vernon's footsteps walking heavily down the stairs. A few minutes later she heard the slamming of car doors, the rumble of an engine, and the unmistakable sound of the car sweeping out of the drive.

Right after Delilah shot up, glad to be able to move about the house again. She picked the lock then hesitated, glancing at Harry.

"I'm going to go grab some food, want me to get you anything?"

Harry continued to stare at the ceiling, which she took as a no.

Delilah hurried downstairs and opened the fridge. There wasn't anything too delicious, so she quickly made some toast and put strawberry jam on it, gulped down some water, and cleaned and put the knife she used away. She walked around, stretching her legs, only heading up when she noticed it was growing dark out.

A while after she had settled back on her bed, there was a distinct crash in the kitchen.

Delilah bolted up, listening intently and saw Harry do the same. They made eye contact. The Dursleys couldn't be back already, it was much too soon and Delilah hadn't heard their car.

There was silence for a few moments before she could hear voices. Could it be burglars? But they'd try to be quiet....

Delilah grabbed her wand and handed Harry his. They stood facing the door, their wands in front of them. She jumped as there was a loud click and the door slid open. She quickly glanced at Harry, but he hadn't noticed.

Neither of them moved as Delilah strained her ears for further sounds. There was none. Harry turned to her.

"Ladies first?"

She smirked.

"Such a gentleman you are," she sarcastically replied. "But it's age before beauty."

Harry grinned for the first time that summer.

"Exactly why you're heading out first."

"Ouch."

She grinned before silently and swiftly moving to the head of the stairs, feeling like she had won just because Harry didn't seem as angsty.

Delilah held in her exclamation. There were people standing in the shadowy hall below, silhouetted against the streetlight glowing through the glass door; eight or nine of them, all, as far as she could see, looking up at her. Harry pushed in front of her.

"Lower your wands, before you take someone's eye out," said a low, growling voice.

Delilah didn't.

"Professor Moody?" Harry said.

"I don't know so much about 'Professor,' " growled the voice, "never got round to much teaching, did I? Get down here, we want to see you properly."

Neither of them moved, with good reason. She knew that voice, it was Moody, and last year she had thought he was the one teaching when really he was an impersonator.

"It's all right, we've come to take you away." Delilah's heart leapt. She knew that voice too, though she hadn't heard it for more than a year.

"P-Professor Lupin?" Harry said disbelievingly. "Is that you?"

"Why are we all standing in the dark?" said a third voice, this one completely unfamiliar, a woman's. "Lumos."

A wand tip flared, illuminating the hall with magical light. Delilah blinked. The people below were crowded around the foot of the stairs, gazing intently up at Harry and Delilah, some craning their heads for a better look.