Ch 13 A World Without Light

The next day everyone was waking up to the news that Jaden Yuki and his friends were fighting an enemy that the town had not heard of before. Pegasus had just showed up and Jaden was nervous about this. Pegasus said "Jaden I had no idea that this story was going to develop the way it did. Now our enemies know that we are snooping around." Jaden said, "well as bad as it is do we know who this person was that got the information?" Pegasus said, "no not yet but we will find them I promise you that."

Then an evil voice came out and everyone heard it and was in shock. The voice said "well, well, well. It would seem that our great elemental king is looking for us." Jaden said, "who are you?" The voice said "we are known as the dark signers. But don't worry we will cover the world in complete darkness. But if you still feel like challenging us then come to the old factory in the outskirts of town. On that land shall darkness prevail, and light expire. We await your arrival at night." The voice was now gone.

Pegasus said, "are you really going to go to them? It is a trap, and you know it." Jaden said, "of course it is a trap but if we can stop our enemy before they do more damage, then we are making progress." Pegasus said, "will you go alone?" Jaden said, "no all of us are going and we will beat this darkness."  Pegasus said "you remind me of Yugi and his friends. They were all head strong and wanted to save people." Jaden and the gang smiled, and they got ready for the battle, but Pegasus said, "I'm going to make you some new cards Jaden, I will have them ready soon."

Jaden said "cool, thanks Pegasus I hope we don't need them, but we need all the help we can get." So, the gang went into the prep mode and was working on a way to get Jaden ready for this fight. So, nighttime fell and they made their way to the factory and they looked around to see where their opponent was. Then a voice said "we it looks like you had the balls to show up. Good for you. But this is where it all ends. Not only will I crush you, but the town will be covered in a world of darkness."

Jaden said, "we will stop you and we will protect this city at all costs." The man said "you really think that you and your friends can stop me. Nothing in this world will stop me or our group from shrouding the world in darkness forever." Jaden said, "I won't let you hurt anyone in this town, and I will do everything in my power to stop you." The man laughed and said, "well if you are that eager to join the shadows then who am I to refuse such an offer."

Both of them started their duel disks and said "duel." The man said "my turn, I draw. I play the spell card Into the Void which allows me to draw one card, but I must discard my hand at the end of the turn. I summon to the field Infernity Archfiend to the field in attack mode. (1800atk) I will set three cards and end my turn, now I have to discard the rest of my hand." Jaden said "my turn, I draw. I summon Elemental Hero Stratos to the field in attack mode. (1800atk) I use Stratos' effect to search for a hero monster and add it to my hand. I add Elemental Hero Neos to my hand."

The man looked calm and wasn't fazed at all. Jaden continued, "I play Polymerization." Then the man said, "I play my face town Infernity Barrier to negate your spell card." Jaden said, "I will end my turn with two face downs." The man said, " my turn, I draw. I play the spell card Monster Reborn to summon Infernity Destroyer from the graveyard to the field in attack mode. (2300atk) Now I attack with Infernity Destroyer to attack your Stratos. (Jaden's LP 3500) Now Infernity Destroyer's effect allows me to burn you for 1600 because I destroyed a monster by battle, and I have no cards in hand." (Jaden's LP 1900)

Everyone was shocked to see this happening, but Jaden didn't let the pressure get to him. Then the man said, "now I attack with Infernity Archfiend." Jaden said, "I play my face down A Hero Emerges now you pick a card from my hand and if it is a monster I can summon it to the field." So, the man picked the card, and it was Elemental Hero Neos. (2500atk) The man then said, "I will end my turn." 

Jaden said "my turn, I draw. I summon Neo-Spacian Grand Mole to the field in attack mode. (900atk) Now I contact fuse Neos and Grand Mole to fusion summon Elemental Hero Grand Neos to the field in attack mode. (2500atk) Now I use my Neos' effect to bounce one monster back to your hand. I choose Destroyer to go back to your hand. Now I play the field spell Neo Space. Now my monster gains 500 attack for this field spell. Now I attack your Archfiend. (Man's LP 2800) Now I play Pot of Greed to draw two cards, I will end my turn."

The man said "my turn, I draw. I play the spell Infernity Panic, which allows me to Synchro summon using Infernity monster from my hand or graveyard by removing them from play. Now I remove from play from my hand Infernity Destroyer and Infernity Bettle to summon Hundred Eyes Dragon to the field in attack mode. (3000atk) I now play my face down Hundred Eye attack which allows my monster to gain 500 because I don't have any cards in my hand. Now I attack your Neos." (Jaden's LP 1400) 

The man seemed satisfied with what he had done. Jaden said, "I'm not done yet." The man said, "very well, I will end my turn." Jaden said "my turn, I draw. I play Card of Sanctity which allows each one of us to draw till we have six cards in hand. I play Polymerization to fuse Elemental Hero Shadow Mist and Elemental Hero Liquid Soldier to fusion summon Elemental Hero Sunrise to the field in attack mode. (2500atk) Now Liquid Soldier allows me to draw two but discard one card. Shadow Mist allows me to add one Hero from deck to hand, and Sunrise allows me to add a Miracle fusion from my deck to my hand."

To Jaden added Miracle fusion along with Elemental Hero Neos and he drew two and discarded one card. Jaden then said "because I have Elemental Hero Necroshade in the graveyard I can summon Elemental Hero Neos to the field without a sacrifice. (2500atk) Sunrise has an effect as well that allows my monsters to gain 200 attack for each attribute on my side of the field. (Neos 3200atk) (Sunrise 2700atk) Now Neos attack his monster. "(Man's LP 2600) The man said, "I active my monster's effect to allow me to add one card from deck to hand." 

Jaden said, "It doesn't matter I will attack you directly." The man said, "I play Battle Fader to stop the attack and end your battle phase." Jaden said, "I will end my turn with a face down." The man said, "my turn, I draw. I play my face down Call of the Haunted to summon Infernity Archfiend to the field in attack mode. Now I sacrifice my two monsters so summon a monster with limitless power." Then the gang was feeling like they were being sucked into something, but Jaden said to Yubel "protect them."

Yubel made a barrier around the gang, and they were safe for the moment. The man said, "I summon Earthbound Immortal Ccapac Ape to the field in attack mode. (3000atk) It is thanks to you Jaden that I can summon this monster, but I feel like we are out of time." Jaden said, "what do you mean?" The man said "I was told not to defeat you because what a waste that would be, but I have already proven my point. You and your friends will never stop us, and we will rule the world." With that the man disappeared and Jaden and the gang were left stunned."