Ch 4 Greiger's Idea

So the first round of the tournament was over and Jaden's next opponent would be Greiger. Now he looked like he had been working out to join the Olympics or something. Jaden had heard that he was an up and coming duelist but he couldn't remember what kind of deck he used. Jaden felt pumped because he was going in blind on his opponent and Greiger knew his deck but Jaden had gotten some new cards so maybe he could use this to his advantage. Then they called Jaden to go to the arena and his duel would begin.

Jaden got his duel disk and prepared to duel. Greiger stepped onto the field and looked at Jaden. Greiger said "I am happy to see that I get to face not only one of the best young duelist around but the future of the game. But this is my story and I will beat you no matter what it takes." Jaden smiled and said "good I like to see that fire in someone's eyes. The want and need to beat another makes me want get my game on." Greiger laughed and said "so it is true that you are one that wants a good fight, well let me give it to you."

Both duelist said "duel." Greiger said "my turn, I draw. I summon Spell Reactor RE to the field in attack mode. (1200atk.) I will end my turn with two face downs." Jaden said "my turn, I draw. I play Polymerization to fuse Elemental Heroes Burstinatrix and Avian to fusion summon Elemental Hero Flame Wingman to the field in attack mode." (2100atk) Greiger said "my Spell Reactor RE effect goes off destroying your spell and deals you 800 point of damage." (Jaden's LP 3200) Jaden said "I attack your monster."

Greiger said "I play my face down Fake Explosion which protects my monster from being destroyed." Jaden said "but you still take damage." (Greiger's LP 3100) Greiger said "now my trap allows me to summon Summon Reactor SK to the field from the grave or my hand. (2000atk) Jaden said "I end my turn with a face down." Greiger said "my turn, I draw. I summon Trap Reactor Y FI to the field in attack mode (800atk.) Now I use Summon Reactor SK effect by sending all three of my monsters to the grave I can summon Flying Fortress SKY FIRE to the field in attack mode." (3000atk)

The crowd was in shock that Jaden had allowed this to happen but Jaden's eyes showed no terror by this new monster. Greiger said "I now use my monster's effect by sending one card from my hand to the graveyard I can destroy one card on your field." Jaden said "I play my face down Infinite Impermanence to negates your monster's effect for the rest of this turn." Greiger showed his displeasure but that wouldn't stop him. Greiger said "I will attack your Flame Wingman. (Jaden's LP 2300) I will end my turn."

Jaden said "my turn, I draw. I play Pot of Greed to draw two cards. I play Graceful Charity to draw three cards but I must discard two. I play Neos Fusion by sending two fusion material for a Neos fusion I can summon a monster from my extra deck that has those two monsters names in it. So I send Neos and Neo - Spacian Grand Mole to the grave to fusion summon Elemental Hero Grand Neos to the field in attack mode."(2500atk) Greiger said "my monster's effect goes off allowing me to destroy your monster and deal you 800 points of damage." 

Jaden said "I banish Neos Fusion to negate his destruction." Greiger was surprised and said "so you got new cards I see so now I need to up my game to win this duel." Jaden said "I will now use my monster's effect to send your monster back to your hand." Greiger watched as his monster was sent back to his hand. Jaden continued "I attack you directly. (Greiger's LP 600) I will end my turn with a face down. Now Neos fusion returns to my extra deck." 

Greiger said "my turn, I draw. I play Pot of Greed to draw two cards. I now play Allure of Darkness to draw two cards but banish one card from my hand that is a dark monster. So I banish Mystic Tomato. I now summon Black Salvo to the field in attack mode and it is a tuner. (100atk) Now his effect allows me to summon a level four dark machine monster from my graveyard so come back Trap Reactor Y FI in defense mode and it's effects are negated. I now Synchro summon using my two monster and I summon Dark Strike Fighter to the field in attack mode." (2600atk) 

The crowd was interested to see what Jaden could do to fight this new monster. Greiger said "I attack you directly end this duel." Jaden said "I play my face down Negate Attack. Now the battle phase ends." Greiger ended his turn. Jaden said "my turn, I draw. I play polymerization to fuse Elemental Heroes Clayman and Sparkman to fusion summon Elemental Hero Sunrise in attack mode. (2500atk) He can be fused with two Elemental Heroes with different attributes. Now when he is fusion summoned I get to add a Miracle Fusion from my deck and add it to my hand."

Greiger was in trouble and Jaden was ready to win. Jaden said "I play Miracle Fusion to banish Elemental Heroes Sparkman and Flame Wingman to summon Elemental Hero Shining Flare Wingman to the field in attack mode. (2500atk.) Now his attack increased by 300 for each Elemental Hero in my grave and I have three. (3400atk) Now Shining Flare Wingman attack his monster." (Greiger's LP 0) The duel was over and Jaden had won and Jaden walked over to Greiger and said "good game." Greiger said "same to you. But one thing you should know. Rex Goodwin isn't as good a person as you think he is so keep an eye on him."

Greiger walked away and Jaden took in what he had said. He then got back to the gang and watched the other matches that were being played. The girl in the mask won her duel with little to no effort and the other duels were interesting but Jaden knew that he could win. Chazz walked up to Jaden and said "so Pegasus gave you that Infinite Impermanence card did he not?" Jaden said "ya and he gave me that Sunrise and the Neos Fusion card. So who will I face in the semifinals?" He saw his opponent and was ready to get his game on. He also needed to keep an eye on Goodwin because of what Greiger said.