"Knock knock," I slowly creaked the door open. "Time to wake up."

I let out a small scream before closing the door again.

Oh she was awake alright. She hadn't gone to sleep. She looked like that girl from the rings, dark eye circles, and her hair over half her face. This time, to my surprise she was the one who opened the door.

"Good morning." She spoke slowly, and with difficulty.

My face fell. Shit. She regained her memory. I spent $200 for nothing.

"What bad?"

"Excuse me?"

"You. Sad?"

"No. I'm not sad."

"Good." She smiled and headed to the kitchen almost skipping.

Why does she talk like that.

"Um no, no come back. Can I ask you something?"

Pantry girl stopped in her tracks.

"What's your name?"

"Name?" She scrunched her nose.

"Yes."

"Bambi."

"Your name is Bambi?"

"Yes. No." She stared at the wall, almost like she was trying to remember something. "Me, and Bambi."

"You and Bambi?"

"Yes."

"Is Bambi your friend?"

"Yes. Bambi friend. Pang. Bad."

"Pang?"

"I show you, in lake." She grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards my room, pointing at the TV.

So, she didn't remember. She's just copying what she heard on the TV.

"You're watching Bambi?"

"Yes." I could tell she wasn't paying attention now though, her eyes were locked on the screen.

"Wait. Who's Pang then?"

"Pang. Wait. You see pang."

She made me watch the full Bambi movie, just to show me 'pang' but fell asleep half way through. Turns out pang isn't a person though, she was talking about the gunshot that killed Bambi's mother. Which is quiet a dark turn, I guess.

The end. The screen read and I turned to get up but realized she had latched onto my arm.

Well. I guess I can't move now.

The credits played. Followed by the bloopers, and the signature disney outro. She was still asleep.

What harm could a nap do?

...

Ding-Dong. I heard half asleep.

It kept ringing about 5 times until I finally gave up, going to open the door.

I rubbed the back of my head, forcing my eyes open and trying to ignore the post-nap headache forming.

"Yeah?" I saw a familiar face. "Oh, hey Melissa."

"You look horrible."

"Yeah I was just.." I hadn't realized I had been staring at the floor. I looked up at her.

Her gaze shifted to behind me, her eyebrow wrinkled.

I turned to look at what was so interesting.

"I hadn't realize you and that girl from before were that close."

"What?" I couldn't help but notice the statement wasn't directed at me. "Oh her? Nah, she's just a friend. She's staying over because she lost her place."

Damn. I guess lying is easier now.

"I'm guessing she lost her clothes too huh?" She squinted. "Or did you take those off for her?"

"Woah, woah, woah. Slow down." I closed the door behind me. "What the fuck is your problem?"

"Why? It's because I'm right isn't it?"

"Look Melissa. I don't know what's gotten into you. But let's get one thing straight. You're my coworker, after hours I don't owe you anything."

She looked at the floor.

"Starting from the top. What brings you here."

"Oh right. I was going to ask you to come with me to the state fair, that's uh.. going on today." She put her hair behind her ear. "But I guess we weren't as close as I thought we were."

"Melissa.." I rubbed my temples.

"No, I'll leave." I watched as she walked down the thin hall leading towards the parking garage.

Well.. that went well.

"Lady good?"

"Yeah, she's fine."

"Good! She.. uh.. lady friend?" She raised her eyebrows and grinned.

"Wow, you can barely remember how to speak and you're already shipping me with random women." I chuckled. "You're like my mother."

The fair, huh? Why would she invite me?

I poured a bit of cereal, then milk into a bowl I had set on the counter.

"Hey, do you wanna go somewhere today in the afternoon?"

..

Author's Note: ignore the fact it took me forever to update lmao