2. Magic

On stage, surrounded by lights, all on you. Frozen, unable to move. I got hit. Blood pouring. I was supposed to be a star. I was a star.

Pity? Had no meaning. No beginning.

 No beginning

TWO.

"Who are you, and what are you doing in my house?!"

The girl tilted her head a bit, looking extremely lost. I sighed.

"Look, I don't know who you are but if you don't leave or at least tell me what you're doing here I will call the police."

She still looked confused. Maybe, she doesn't speak English.

"Where are you from?"

Still no answer.

"I. Am. Going. To. Call. The. Police. Now." She had lost interest by now and was taking in the house.

I don't have to time for this, I'm just gonna call the cops.

I flipped out my phone, quickly dialing in 911. By the time I had put the phone to my ear she was already running halfway down the hall straight towards a Ming vase I had spent over 100 thousand dollars on.

"No, no, no. Be careful." I yelled running after her, which of course only made her run faster.

Crash. I winced as I watched half a year of work shatter into a million tiny pieces.

"Once I figure out why you're here I'm suing you for like 10 different things."

Grabbing both her shoulders, I looked her in the eyes. "I don't know where you're from, or who you are, but you" I pointed at her, "need to get out of my house," pointed at myself when saying 'my'.

One second. She had a wound on her head. Had she gotten hurt coming in? Or maybe..

Wait. The doe. Where was the doe?

I let go, and scanned every room, even underneath beds, though I'd doubt a 120lb deer would fit under a bed.

Absolutely nothing.

That's impossible. I clearly remember hitting the deer. Or was that just a dream?

My car!!

I threw open the door, snatching my keys off the "Welcome" key hook my mother had bought for me. Not my style. Thinking about it now, it's kind of embarrassing that a girl saw that in my house. I mentally remembered to take that down.