Chapter Two

Moondancer must have sensed something was amidst too because she chose to land in an unpopulated part of the Red Keep. Baela become even more confused when she realized that this was the garden where she had spent her better childhood visits playing in with Rhaena, she barely came here anymore but she knew for certain that Queen Alicent still nurtured flowers.

But currently, the gardens were shrouded with leafy trees and thorny bushes. She doesn't know what to make of this change. She had passed the gardens just yesterday with her grandmother and it had looked nothing like this.

" What's going on?" She couldn't help asking herself in confusion. This was the Red Keep for sure, yet it looked a lot different from the Red Keep she had just left. Maybe if she found Aemond, he could explain to her what the heck was happening.

Baela looked over her shoulders to find Moondancer. The dragon was curled on herself behind the coverage of some bushes, it was hard to make out her figure in the shadows. It was obvious to her that the dragon had no intention of returning to the pit, so Baela might as well just let her lay here.

Dragging her feet, she heads for the nearest winding steps. She pauses however when  footsteps sounded in the empty halls, she could hear voices too, voices that didn't belong to any of her family members. Maybe some guards?

She contemplates if waiting for them was a wise choice. No, they would probably end up reporting to Daemon and the least Baela wanted at the moment was to face her father. She hides in the shadows and await for the guards to pass.

" I heard these gardens were once a thing of beauty " A feminine voice drawls out. The voices are close enough that she could make out who they belonged to. There was a woman and a man, the woman was much taller than the man but from what Baela could see she was holding close to the man. They must be in some kind of relationship with each other.

" Beauty is mere words. These gardens serve as training grounds now, they are much more useful than they used to be" Again that voice was not one she recognized. But there was something about his tone that reminded her of Aemond.

" Where next shall we go, your grace?"

" You can go ahead. I'll rather spend the rest of my time alone than in court"

" But your mother.."

" Can mind her own business"

Yep, that voice sounds a lot like Aemond's. She was becoming curious to see just who it belonged to. Baela hears the footsteps of the woman as she walks away but the young man's silhouette remains. He was staring ahead into the gardens intently, she became rather uneasy when he leans forward on the podium as if to take a closer look. If this person ( whoever he was) spotted Moondancer then it would be known that she had gone riding. Her father never approved of her late-night adventures and she didn't need to give him a reason to punish her. The fact that he had betrothed her to her airhead cousin was punishment enough.

Baela stepped out of the shadows and approached the figure. He was so concentrated on whatever he was staring at that he only became aware of her presence when she spoke. " Who are you?"

The boy ( he looked just about her age if not a year younger) seemed baffled upon seeing her. His eyes widened as they stayed glued on her face then her hair, mostly her hair. Then he frowned, a look of distaste evident in his eyes as he watched her.

" Who am I? Who the hell are you?"

" What?" She was confused. Although she hadn't grown up in Kingslanding everyone else knew her to be Daemon Targaryen's daughter. Even if they didn't recognize her then the grey hair was enough giveaway that she was royalty, she hadn't ever met anyone who did not know who she was. Or who would speak to her so rudely too? " Who do you think you are talking to?"