~V~

It was a cloudy day. Helaena had been murmuring things about the clouds. She'd been saying how they were keeping the sun from telling the truth and other things that Daela couldn't understand. On the other hand maybe she could, but she preferred looking outside the window to paying attention to what her sister kept talking about. All she had in mind was what Rhaenyra had said to her some days ago. How would she persuade Jacaerys into accompanying him when he would go to the dragon pit.

"Daela, whatever you're thinking, it won't happen."

Her older sister addressed to her capturing her attention. The girl with the long brown hair turned around and tilted her head to the left. "What do you mean?"

"A dance, where the weaker falls, will start in any minute."

"And how is that supposed to effect me?", she went to sit next to Helaena who despite being shy around everyone was always allowing to her younger sister approach her.

"I don't know. I just feel that something is coming. I wish I'm wrong and at the same time I wish I knew more."

"Not to sound ungrateful, but no dance is taking place any time soon. We would know."

"I think it's happening right now..."

"We're not even wearing our good dresses, Helaena!"

"You don't understand, Daela!", she almost shouted from frustration. "No one understands. And the worst is that no one even tries to."

"I am! It's just that... It doesn't make sense."

Suddenly noise was sounded from the yard below. The two girls spred to the window and stuck together, both trying to see what was happening. Their brothers and nephews were training. It was common for this time and day to do so. Ser Criston Cole was the one training them. What was different though was that this time Aegon was fighting against Jacaerys.

"That's not fair.", Helaena said to herself almost inaudibly.

"If Ser Criston believes that they should do that, then why not?"

"Don't you see how small he is next to Aegon? He's around Aemond's age, he is the one he should be fighting against..."

Daela despite her love for the knight of the King's guard had to agree with her sister. This was indeed somehow unfair for the younger boy. Their brother was twice his height and his strength. However the second one was gaining ground up to the moment Aegon his himself behind the made of wheat doll they had for training. The battle stopped. Aegon moved towards Criston's side while Jacaerys to Ser Harwin who took the boy around the shoulders and started whispering.

"What is he whispering?"

"Daela, how would I know?"

"Yes, you're right."

The boys moved for once again opposite each other and stood in the right position for battle. See Criston gave the signal and the fight for once again began. And while everything was going on normal Aegon taking the Knight's advice used his foot and pushed Jacaerys to the ground.

"Jace!"

Helaena brought her hand to cover her mouth with gear in her eyes. "What else is he capable of?"

"We should go! See if he's okay!"

Aegon didn't seem to stop going against the younger boy and no one was doing anything to stop him. Criston was just standing in his place without moving.

"Why isn't he doing something?"

"Our father is there as well! He should order them to stop!"

"Why do they leave him getting hurt! It's dangerous!"

The girls spoke their thoughts aloud in perfect harmony with one another up to the moment Ser Harwin stepped in and pulled their brother away from Jacaerys. Both of them sighed in relief. But that wasn't going to last for long. The man attacked the other, pushing him to the ground, just like Aegon had been instructed to do before, and started beating him with his fists. The four children were watching surprised what was going on in front of them.

"Daela..." Helaena whispered softly "the dance is taking place."

"The weaker, Jacaerys, fell." her sister continued the explanation.

Two Knights from the King's guard ran up to the two men with their white cloaks waving behind them trying to separate Harwin and Criston.

"Come on, let's go see them." Daela took her sister by her hand and was about to start running when she came across Helaena's unwillingness to move.

"There's no way I'm going. Our brother is a monster!"

"Uhm, okay, but we always knew that for Aemond, why today?"

"Aemond? No, I'm talking about Aegon. Didn't you see what he did to Jace? He's way younger than him and less strong and if Aegon's capable of doing that to his nephew imagine what he could do to a stranger!"

Daela was staring quietly at her sister, almost amazed by how sure she was. "He's not going to harm us, come on. Let's go check on Jace."

"You go. I'm not being around him without mother."

"Fine. But there's no reason to be afraid of Aegon. We're too indifferent to him to pay attention to us."

After that the girl exited the room closing the door behind her and ran towards the yard with her hair waving on her back. She had almost reached the grand door of the palace when she fell upon Lucerys.

"How's your brother?"

"Good, don't worry about it."

"Uhm, is he outside?"

"Yes, with Ser Harwin. He told me to go to mother. Don't go out."

"Okay... I'm sorry for what happened."

"Why? You didn't do anything? It's fine."

Daela smiled at the boy and they walked together back inside. It was uncomfortable between the two relatives. Luke wasn't talking a lot around people and Daela was always looking for the chan e to speak. Since no one was giving her the chance she should sit silent.

"How's Arrax? Did you get to see him?"

He shook his head, "No, not yet. Did you get to see Fireys?"

"You know, my mother is too afraid to let me go see her. She says that I'm not at the right age yet."

Both of them had seen their eggs cracking and their dragons appearing from inside. Arrax and Fireys were kept together due to the fact that they came to the world at the same day. None of them though was ready to be trained, they were -just like their owners- still children.

"I wonder how's Joffrey going to name his dragon."

"Did the egg cracked already? Gods, Aemond would be so jealous."

"You know, sometimes I feel bad for him. But I laughed so much with that pig!"

The girl nodded for a minute forgetting her discussion with her brother. That didn't last for long. "I know, but maybe we shouldn't do that again..."

"Did your mother find out?"

"I wasn't the one who told her, Luke please believe me!"

He nodded smiling, without looking like he was bothered by it "I know, it's not nice when everyone blames it on you because you're the youngest. I wouldn't blame you."

"Thank you. It means a lot."

"Mother said that maybe I should start visiting Arrax, do you want to come? Maybe tomorrow?"

"Yes!", she thought about it then, "well, if mother says I can..."

"Okay. I have to go now. Tell me at dinner what you decided."

"Will you tell Jace that I'm sorry for what happened?"

"Yes, I told you before."

And then they separated from eachother. Daela ran up to her mother chambers but she wasn't there. She would wait.