⚡️ Chapter Twenty Five ⚡️

Start from the beginning

Eren scoffs, turning around. "A girl, who can flip a full-grown man upside down, has nothing to fear from the dark." He continues walking down. "Cut the crap. Let's move!" Mikasa, Armin, and I follow him down.

"No. I refuse." Annie replies, making us stop. "I'm too afraid. Above ground, I'll help, otherwise, the deal is off."

"Quit being stubborn, damn it!" Eren yells, in a rage. "Just get the hell down here! Move! We're running out of time, alright?!"

"Stop shouting." Mikasa orders him. "Someone will hear you."

"I'm sure it's fine, Mikasa..." Annie starts. "It seems, that for whatever reason, this place...has been completely deserted. That hurts me. It really does. The way you're looking at me now, if I didn't know better, I'd say you didn't trust me...eh, Armin? Or even you, Y/n?"

Armin, whom is holding the flare gun, stiffens. "Annie, tell us-"

I glare up at her. "What the hell were you doing with Marco's ODM gear that day we were having our gear inspected?"

She only looks to the side.

"We know it was Marco's, because it had all the same dents and scrapes." Armin continues.

"We know this, because we always helped him with maintenance." I add. "And we know you used it. So, answer us, damn it!" To say the least, I'm extremely pissed.

"Yes. I found it." She answers quietly. "I found it and took it."

Armin gasps softly. "Then...the two Titans we had in custody...it was you that killed them!"

"No one knows..." She replies. "But if you both suspected all of this a month ago, why did you wait this long to say anything?"

"Cause even now it's difficult!" Armin answers. "We just didn't want...we didn't want to believe that we we're right. Believe us, we talked about it multiple times in private, but we stayed quiet."

"On the field the other day..." I start. "The fact that you didn't kill Armin and I both times when you had the chance...those were the moments that have lead us to our current situation."

After much discussion between Armin and I, evidence, and even a late night meeting with the Commander and a few others two nights ago, we've identified Annie...as the Female Titan. Not to mention that the Titan looks like her too.

"Yes..." She answers, after a long silence. "We're here, because I let both of you live. Of course...I never dreamed that either of you would end up cornering me like this. Why...why didn't I do anything then?"

"Annie, please!" Eren exclaims, walking up a few steps toward her. "You've taken this joke far enough! Just tell us this is some kind of horrible prank! It's not too late! Come on! We'll understand! Come down! Let's talk!"

He walks up a few more steps. "You can prove to us that we're mistaken by walking down these stairs! Prove that we're wrong to accuse you!"

She looks down and to the side. "We both know I can't. Like I told you, I don't have the constitution for it."

"Annie! Stop!" Eren shakes his head. "We're talking about a matter of life and death!"

"Work with us, Annie!" Armin joins. "We can reason this out like human beings!"

I stay quiet. I know that we spent three years of our life with her, training, but...with Marco's ODM gear, I...I think she might've been part of why he died...I will never forgive her, if she was.

"Enough!" Mikasa places a solid foot down and throws her rain gear to the side. "I'm not listening to another word of this!" Then, she brings out a blade. "There's no point."