⚡️ Chapter Nineteen ⚡️

"When did you last replace your shaft?" A man from the Military Police asks, looking at Sasha.

"After the mop up, sir." Sasha answers. "That was six days ago."

"Right..." A woman, whom is with the man, writes something on her clipboard.

"Ok. You're good." The man assures.

Right now, we're currently having our gear checked. They're trying to figure out who slayed the two Titans the Scouts had captured. I'm sure they would've been great test subjects in helping us learn more about the Titans.

I'm doing a little better than I was five days ago, which was the day of Eren's trial. He's been with Captain Levi and his squad this whole time now.

Anyways, I've been able to sleep a little every night, but there are still moments throughout everyday that I just break down and cry. I just miss him so much...

Everyone's been trying their best to cheer me up and it works for a little while, but then it quickly goes away. I've also been staying by Armin's side even more than usual. I don't know what I'd do if anything were to happen to him. I'd probably giving up on living.

"You." The man remarks, once eventually reaching me. "Who are you and when did you last replace your shaft?"

"I'm Y/n Arlert and I'm with Squad 34. I replaced it six days ago and identifying people, sir." I answer honestly.

The man checks my gear then nods. "You're good. Who's next?"

"I'm with Squad 42 Christa Lentz, sir!" Christa, whom is beside me, informs.

"Well...let's take a look." The man sighs, obviously getting tired of this job. I don't blame him. I would get tired of it too.

"I guess someone hated looking at those Titans even more than I did." Connie, whom is on the other side of me, assumes.

"Mmm." Armin hums from beside him. "The sad thing is they may have actually helped the Titans more than anything. All that knowledge lost and for what? Someone's personal revenge?"

I sigh. "It doesn't make any sense. That's for sure."

"Well, it might sound dumb, but I'm glad they did it." Connie admits. "Before I'd actually seen a Titan, I was convinced I wanted to be a Scout and take them all on. Now...I never want to lay my eyes on one again."

"Well, tonight's the night we have to pick which regiment to join and even though I may be of no use once getting there, I'm still choosing the Scouts." I inform.

And last night, when we burnt all of the fallen comrades, helped me finalize my decision. I was not looking forward to it at all, but I got through it with lots of crying...

(This is a flashback of the night before. I'll let you know when it's back in present time.)

I am currently on the ground, beside Ymir's feet, sobbing over our lost comrades, whose bodies are now being burned in the huge fire in front of us.

A hand, belonging to Ymir, is laid on my head in silence. When I told her the reason why I was so down, she told me that she knew that I liked Marco, since the night of our graduation, but said she'd still end up marrying me anyway, as she always has.

I pull my knees up to my chest and lay my forehead on my knees and continuing my sobbing. The ashes of some of my closet friends are floating around right now. Thomas...Mina...Marco...

'Y/n!' A quiet, yet familiar voice calls out.

I stop crying and slowly lift my head from my knees to look around me only to see no one.