⚡️ Chapter Twenty ⚡️

Start from the beginning

Jean abruptly turns around and walks toward Eren and grabs his shoulders. "You think you can do that? If you can, then we're with you. All the way."

"Right..." Eren replies, sounding scared out of his mind.

I would be scared to, if I were in his shoes. I mean, possessing the ability to turn into a creature that we hardly know anything about and that everyone is scared of? It has to be hard. I still wonder though...how long has he had this ability and how did he gain it?

"Listen up, you brats." A voice rings, making all of us look at the entrance to see Captain Levi.

We all salute. "Sir!"

"Go clean." He orders. "When my squad has food made, only then can you come back here. Until then, go clean. This place is absolutely filthy."

We all nod. "Yes, sir!" The captain just clicks his tongue and leaves the doorway of the entrance.

"Just a little heads up, the captain is a total clean freak." Eren informs. "That's all he has us do is clean."

So...the captain likes everything to be clean. He sure chose the wrong regiment for everything to be clean, but I don't blame him. I like everything to neat and clean as well.

"Well, I think we should get going. All of us cleaning then eating together will be a nice way to end our first day here. Don't you think?" I ask.

"Yeah, yeah." Jean waves a hand, passing me. "Let's just go before we're yelled at by the captain."

An arm is wrapped around my shoulders. I look up to my left and see Ymir. "Hey, Ymir."

She starts leading me after everyone else. "Don't get all sad over that jerk shoving your thoughts aside."

"Oh. Uhm, I didn't really take it in any wrong way." I reply.

"Oh?" She questions. "I figured your sweet little self would take it in a bad way."

I shake my head. "I didn't. I promise."

"Jean just didn't want to get yelled at. That's all." Christa remarks, joining Ymir on the other side of her.

Ymir puts an arm around Christa's shoulders, as we exit the dining hall. "You both look on the bright side of things all the time, huh?"

I shrug. "It's hard, but yeah. I try to."

"You should've known this already, Ymir." Christa laughs. "You've known us for three years."

"Yeah. I knew that already. In a way, I was just stating the fact." Ymir replies.

I look ahead of me with a small smile. I'm glad all my surviving friends are here in the Scouts with me. I don't have to work for anyone's friendship here, well, except for the people that were already Scouts.

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡

"Titans in the vicinity have been lured away!" A Garrison member exclaims. "The gate opens in thirty seconds!"

It felt as if the month until the expedition had flown by in the time of a week. All the Scouts are sitting on their horses, waiting for the gate to be opened. Am I ready for this? Yeah, sure. Am I scared? You better believe it.

Speaking of horses, the horse that I chose to be mine is a white mare. The fact that I got her before anyone else did is a miracle. She's a really beautiful horse.

The name I've chosen for her is Adeline and I personally think it suits her well. Adeline means noble and I believe she'll be a noble horse to me, until the very end.

I take a deep breath, as I gently stroke her mane. "I'll try my best to not lead us into our death. If I do, I hope you know that I didn't mean to."

She neighs softly, rubbing her head under my hand, making me giggle quietly.

"She seems to understand you really well." Connie whispers from beside me.

I shrug. "I guess she does. That or she just really likes head rubs."

"Pay attention, you two. You don't want to miss something important." Jean orders from behind us.

We immediately look ahead of us. Jean isn't trying to be mean, he's really just trying to help us out in the long run.

"This is it!" A Scout member yells. "The day has come for humanity to take another step forward! Now, let's show those Titans exactly what we're made of!"

"Yeah!" Many fists and swords are punched in the air above. I'm one of the people that have their fist up.

"Open the gate!" The Garrison member demands and the gate starts opening up. I can't believe we're about to go outside the wall. It's exciting, in a way, but also extremely frightening. I'm ready though.

"Forward!" Commander Erwin shouts, once the gate fully opens and everyone starts moving their horses forward. "The 57th Recon Mission has officially begun! Scouts, move out!"

A/N: Hey, Scouts! I can't believe we're already twenty chapters into this! To be honest, I didn't think this was going to go as far as it has. I have all of you to thank for that, so...thank you all so much!

I really hope you all enjoyed your first day as Scouts and that Eren is now back again! I also hope that you all are okay with Adeline as your horse's name and that you're okay with her being a white horse.

Anyways, I'm sorry that this chapter is a little shorter than usual, but thank you all for reading this chapter still! I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day/evening/night. Bye, Scouts!